Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    03 Oct '08 18:55
    Do you still love Dice-K Long Time, Joe?

    P-
  2. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    03 Oct '08 19:05
    I could use some spling lolls.
  3. 03 Oct '08 19:16
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Do you still love Dice-K Long Time, Joe?

    P-
    I've got yellow fever, she's got yellow fever
    We've got yellow fever, we're in love
  4. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    03 Oct '08 19:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I've got yellow fever, she's got yellow fever
    We've got yellow fever, we're in love
    He's got 0.00 ERA with bases loaded... but why load the bases 20 time?! He's a nightmare to watch.

    "You want good pitch? No! You get balz!"

    P-
  5. 03 Oct '08 19:32
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    He's got 0.00 ERA with bases loaded... but why load the bases 20 time?! He's a nightmare to watch.

    "You want good pitch? No! You get balz!"

    P-
    has he even had ONE complete game yet, after getting six million in Japan and pitching 300 pitches a game?
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    03 Oct '08 20:04 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    has he even had ONE complete game yet, after getting six million in Japan and pitching 300 pitches a game?
    In Japan he'd have a pitch count of about 200+
    (makes you wonder why it takes 200 pitches to finish a game, eh?)

    They also pitch every 6 or 7 days.

    They also have EVERY Monday off.

    Sports radio was talking about Japan's baseball culture, seems they are not keen on change, their greats did it this way, they're going to do it this way.

    They don't lift weights, they throw till their arm falls off, and by July their speed drops about 5mph.

    You also DON'T ask them to change anything, that is disrespect.

    Dice probably goes home after a game, and throws another 160 pitches in private... I would guess. Creature of habit.

    It was an interesting talk on the radio with a player who went over there.

    P-

    Edit! Also, the hand can be used as a knife! ...but it's no good for cutting a tomato.
  7. 03 Oct '08 20:06
    If I played in Japan, I would do stuff like this:

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8NyQifJkTg
  8. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    03 Oct '08 20:09
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If I played in Japan, I would do stuff like this:

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8NyQifJkTg
    See my edit.
  9. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    03 Oct '08 20:11
    This was a generous umpire...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJP2o8o-Aqw
  10. 03 Oct '08 20:11
    (I hope that's the right youtube link)
  11. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    03 Oct '08 20:13 / 1 edit
    This pitcher used his Ninja Mind Trick Skillz.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHaLNireXnA
  12. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    03 Oct '08 20:14
    Originally posted by darvlay
    (I hope that's the right youtube link)
    Yours was kids playing wiffle
  13. 03 Oct '08 20:18
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Yours was kids playing wiffle
  14. 04 Oct '08 08:01
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Do you still love Dice-K Long Time, Joe?

    P-
    I heard he's been saving that Gyro-ball for a special occasion.
  15. 04 Oct '08 13:32
    This was the link I was originally meant to post:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHaLNireXnA&feature=related