1. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 22:04
    The NFL, College football, High School, Canadian Football I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR AMERICAN FOOTBALL IS A DEEP ROOTED PASSION OF MINE AND I LOVE IT!!! FOOTBALL IS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. over there
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 22:22
    Yes go Michigan
  3. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 22:32
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Yes go Michigan
    YES GO OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!! Nov. 18 in Columbus,Ohio Blue will be sent back to Michigan and the whole state of Michigan will be crying OHIO STATE BUCKEYES 27, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES 17 PEOPLE IN OHIO GET READY TO PARTY.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 23:15
    Originally posted by richfeet
    FOOTBALL IS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So when people say "get a life", what they really mean is that you should get a football?
  5. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 23:18
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    So when people say "get a life", what they really mean is that you should get a football?
    YOU HAVE TO BE AN AMERICAN FOOTBALL FAN TO UNDERTAND WHAT I MEAN LOL
  6. The sky
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 23:20
    Originally posted by richfeet
    YOU HAVE TO BE AN AMERICAN FOOTBALL FAN TO UNDERTAND WHAT I MEAN LOL
    I AM NOT, SO I WON'T "UNDERTAND" EVEN IF YOU SHOUT.
  7. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 23:23
    It's a first step. 😉
  8. Earth Prime
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 01:14
    The cowboys lost on some crazy last play fiasco penalty field goal bs. I broke a window in my anger.
  9. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 03:12
    Originally posted by Coconut
    The cowboys lost on some crazy last play fiasco penalty field goal bs. I broke a window in my anger.
    Sorry itwas a strange game indeed!
  10. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    25 Nov '06 16:13
    I love College Football OUR OHIO STATE BUCKEYES WILL WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP OH-IO OH-IO OH-IO HANG ON SNOOPY, SNOOPY HANG ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BUCKS
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Nov '06 16:27
    I AM NOT, SO I WON'T "UNDERTAND" EVEN IF YOU SHOUT.
    Get a football, will ya Noodles. Get an NFL football.

P-
  12. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 04:19
    go bucks
  13. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 11:422 edits
    no - football is what you call soccer, but the rest of the world call it football. your version of football, they hardly kick it - yet you still steal our name
  14. over there
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:04
    Ya the Buck don't wanna play Michigan. Trussel isn't going to vote for Michigan. You know why? They're scared! Now USC is out, it's very probable that Michigan will get to play OSU again, unless they make OSU play weak Florida.
  15. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 14:101 edit
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    no - football is what you call soccer, but the rest of the world call it football. your version of football, they hardly kick it - yet you still steal our name
    Your pointless anti-American rant is really getting boring. First of all, America is not the only country that calls it soccer. Canada, Samoa, Australia, and New Zealand also use the word soccer, mainly because each of those countries uses "football" to refer to another sport. And when you say that "the rest of the world" calls it football, I assume you mean the rest of the English-speaking world.

By the way, it is widely believed that the English word "football" arose, not in reference to the action of kicking a ball with the foot, but as a term to describe a variety of games in midieval Europe which were played by men on foot. You know, as opposed to the sports that were played on horseback which were popular in those days. Football describes an entire family of games, not just American football and soccer, but also rugby, Australian-rules football, Canadian football, and Gaelic football. Association football just happens to be the most popular, so Euro-snobs like you think you should have exclusive rights to the name, despite the fact that there is evidence that the word "football" has been around far longer than the game itself.

One more piece of history for you: The term soccer is short for association football. It originated in England, and was popularized by an English footballer named Charles Wreford-Brown. So if you're mad at us for using the word to refer to "your" sport, you have only your fellow countryman to blame.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree