1. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 20:32
    Dana White mentioned Jones going to heavyweight as he gets later in his career. This guy is not big enough. Can you imagine this guy even if he gains 25 pounds? what thats 230 pounds? Randy was at 222 when he fought. But most people are not Randy. Then again, Randy was not a true heavyweight. Jones fights Cain and you can call that manslaughter.....jones cant compete in that division. he can beat the guys who are not in the top ten yes. But that is as far as it goes. What about that kid Rory who fights at TriStar, who is the protege of GSP? GSP already had to fight one guy from his camp. He wont do it again. He likes Rory. Rory beat Penn like nobody else ever has. Rory is 4 years from being in his prime? Can you imagine what this kid will be like when he has 4 more years of learning and fighting and then he reaches his prime? i think we are looking at a mini jones in the 170 pound division here. He is big, strong, and is good in all area's. I would love to see him fight Nick Diaz. I think he would be the first to finish Nick Diaz. Although i think in the beginning of his career Nick might have been finished. stoppage. he has never been submitted. This kid Rory is going to be the next GSP, maybe even better down the road. But if he gets a big head, and fights GSP in the next two years? He will lose badly. He needs more years to mature. He still makes some silly mistakes. What do you guys think?
  2. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 00:19
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    Dana White mentioned Jones going to heavyweight as he gets later in his career. This guy is not big enough. Can you imagine this guy even if he gains 25 pounds? what thats 230 pounds? Randy was at 222 when he fought. But most people are not Randy. Then again, Randy was not a true heavyweight. Jones fights Cain and you can call that manslaughter.....jones c ...[text shortened]... y. He needs more years to mature. He still makes some silly mistakes. What do you guys think?
    Rory MacDonald beat an old, beat-up, way past his prime Penn. He also was stopped via TKO against Carlos Condit though he was very young at the time and put up a good fight.

Jones will do well at heavyweight. I think he could win the title. He has the longest reach at 84", elbows that crack skulls, and is very strong. He's a good wrestler, strong takedown defense, and is young. You mentioned that MacDonald will mature and get better. So will Jones.

GSP has a suspect chin as proven by Matt Serra. Johny Hendricks has a puncher's chance of taking him out.
  3. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 05:112 edits
    Jones is only two years older than MacDonald BTW. If MacDonald is four years away from his prime, then Jones still has two years to go. Jones won the title a year ago, against Shogun Rua. For MacDonald to match that, he's have to beat St Pierre within a year. That's unlikely.

Jones is 6'4". Couture is reported to be 6'1" but I doubt that. Jones would beat most of the top ten heavyweights right now and all of them within a few years I believe.

His reach is 84.5", not 84". It's the longest in UFC history. That is a big advantage.
  4. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 05:24
    What do you think of Nick Diaz's chances against St Pierre?

I think it's ridiculous that he got suspended for testing positive for marijuana. If I was going to fight, I would be thrilled if my opponent was high as a kite. Pot is now legal in a couple of states for recreational use and I have a medical marijuana license here in California.

Chael Sonnen gets TRT treatments. Yet, he never got suspended.
  5. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 07:19
    <Any opinion welcome on UFC and all their Fights>

I guess 'any' doesn't include mine 😉
  6. Joined
    08 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 17:49
    Really? Only one other poster with an opinion? lol

Re. Diaz
    Definitely controversial as cannabis is banned only if used during the competition. Was the presence in his sample from prior use? Or was he under the influence during the match? Only Nick can say.

Regardless, he is a colourful character and an asset to the UFC (it's ultimately an entertainment business). Will he beat GSP tomorrow? Highly unlikely.
  7. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    16 Mar '13 16:17
    Originally posted by weezul
    Really? Only one other poster with an opinion? lol

Re. Diaz
    Definitely controversial as cannabis is banned only if used during the competition. Was the presence in his sample from prior use? Or was he under the influence during the match? Only Nick can say.

Regardless, he is a colourful character and an asset to the UFC (it's ultimately an entertainment business). Will he beat GSP tomorrow? Highly unlikely.
    I'm probably one of the few who actually likes the Diaz brothers. They come to fight.

As I understand it, Nick used cannibas a month before and had very negligible traces in him. I mean, really. Sonnen uses TRT and he gets to fight. If I was a fighter I'd rather have my opponent on pot than TRT anyday.

Besides, Nick (and Nate) both seem to have a lot of anger in them, even a little social anxiety. If anyone needed medical marijuana, it's them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree