1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 17:45
    I usually stay out of stuff like this just because I never win anything that involves luck. But i put down a few dollars on the block pools on the Superbowl in my local drinking establishment. So I went in yesterday after work to attempt to drink my way back to sanity when my friendly bartender says "Hey, I have a couple envelopes for you."

He hands me the envelopes, each containg $150. I won both the halftime block pool and the final score block pool! I spent 10 bucks to win 300, sounds like a good deal to me.

Anyone else win on the game?
  2. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 19:36
    Congrats PK! I play in the office pools each year. Twenty bucks each for the AFC and NFC championships and twenty more for the SB. No luck this year. Maybe next.
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 19:51
    I had £2 on Southampton 0 - 1 Derby, Stevie Howard to score (last Sat) at 35-1. Netted me £70 when the result popped up 🙂

I once won a local road 10k race too, which was much more satisfying, even if the financial reward was less.

I won a tournie on rhp too.

I'm a winner!
  4. over there
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 12:11
    I might have won 25$ in a pool if Rex Grossman hadn't thrown those two interceptions, one for a touchdown.
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 09:29
    A mate of mine once won 1500 quid for a fiver stake by predicting correctly 5 away results.... me? Never won a bloody thing except a dose off a slapper a few years ago!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree