Anyone watching SA-Aus in Jo'burg Saturday?

Anyone watching SA-Aus in Jo'burg Saturday?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queenslander

Tropical North

Moves
17 Mar 09

Originally posted by boarman
I love it how you Saffers were giving it to us Aussies whilst you won the series over here but now you are as quiet as mice.

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
Even going on vacation πŸ˜‰

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
20 Mar 09

I love it how you Saffers were giving it to us Aussies whilst you won the series over here but now you are as quiet as mice.

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
Not much to say, is there, eh?

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
20 Mar 09

Originally posted by Crowley
Not much to say, is there, eh?
Chirpy bludger now are'nt you mate, now you guys are actually putting on a show.
Too little too late.

πŸ˜›

ZellulΓ€rer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
20 Mar 09

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
It's called manners -- politely waiting for you to give it to us ...

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
21 Mar 09

Originally posted by lordhighgus
Chirpy bludger now are'nt you mate, now you guys are actually putting on a show.
Too little too late.

πŸ˜›
I'm still just happy that we can win tests without having to resort to hurting the opposition...

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
22 Mar 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
It's called manners -- politely waiting for you to give it to us ...
Right. It's the Aussies' turn to chirp. Perhaps they've forgotten how?

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
23 Mar 09

I'm still just happy that we can win tests without having to resort to hurting the opposition...
Your lot started the "chin music" tactics in Australia and we answered.

By the way, nice win in that last test, smacked us.
Two-one victory keeps us on top. Bring on the English!

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
23 Mar 09
1 edit

Your lot started the "chin music" tactics in Australia and we answered.

By the way, nice win in that last test, smacked us.
Two-one victory keeps us on top. Bring on the English!
I have no problem with the short stuff being dished up. In fact, I think it's almost a lost art at the moment.

But, I wouldn't get all chirpy if I were an Aussie, because if we had Smith 100%, the score would've been Aus 1 SA 5 for this past summer's tests.

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
23 Mar 09

I have no problem with the short stuff being dished up. In fact, I think it's almost a lost art at the moment.

But, I wouldn't get all chirpy if I were an Aussie, because if we had Smith 100%, the score would've been Aus 1 SA 5 for this past summer's tests.
We have new openers, a middle order not scoring runs and an inexperienced bowling attack and still managed to tie 1 all in the series played here and in S.A. Giddy-up!
You didnt have Smith and you lost.
Our series win there is one of our best in years, very satisfying to the cricket public because the Aussie team was on its knees and fought back well.
Face it, there is not much difference between us, the Indians and the South Africans and if we could win in S.A, we will do the Poms!

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
24 Mar 09

We have new openers, a middle order not scoring runs and an inexperienced bowling attack and still managed to tie 1 all in the series played here and in S.A. Giddy-up!
You didnt have Smith and you lost.
Our series win there is one of our best in years, very satisfying to the cricket public because the Aussie team was on its knees and fought back well. ...[text shortened]... between us, the Indians and the South Africans and if we could win in S.A, we will do the Poms!
For sure, there is definitely not much between us.
I'm just a little bitter that something like Smith having to retire in two games cost us both games that we should have won - one we would definitely have drawn at least.

Our bowling attack is also a little wobbly since Pollock moved on and Ntini is reaching the end of his shelve-life.
You guys seriously need a spinner.

A

Moves
27 Mar 09

Our bowling attack is also a little wobbly since Pollock moved on and Ntini is reaching the end of his shelve-life.
You guys seriously need a spinner.
What?? And you think our attack isn't struggling to cope in the post Warne and McGrath era? Pollock is a good bowler but Warne and McGrath are "greats" - ANY team would struggle if you take them away. If we still had Warne and McGrath, I reckon we could have won 6-0.. maybe 5-1.

You are right in that we need a spinner - thanks Captain Obvious! πŸ˜‰

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
27 Mar 09

Originally posted by AussieG
What?? And you think our attack isn't struggling to cope in the post Warne and McGrath era? Pollock is a good bowler but Warne and McGrath are "greats" - ANY team would struggle if you take them away. If we still had Warne and McGrath, I reckon we could have won 6-0.. maybe 5-1.

Uhm, I was agreeing with the point that your bowling attack lost most of its sting. McGrath was great, but so was Polly, especially if you factor in his batting, which was at a (combined) average of over 28.

Some players are just almost irreplaceable.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
27 Mar 09

Originally posted by AussieG

You've got to love all the ifs in these sentences. If Jesus played cricket and he was still around, he might have been great, too. 8-)

SA beat Aus in today's T20. I missed all of it, except the last few overs on radio. Family stuff.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
27 Mar 09

Originally posted by buffalobill
You've got to love all the ifs in these sentences. If Jesus played cricket and he was still around, he might have been great, too. 8-)

SA beat Aus in today's T20. I missed all of it, except the last few overs on radio. Family stuff.
We allowed them to get to over 150, which made the job more difficult than it should have been. We really should have smashed this team out of the ground, but instead we allowed them (yet again) back into the game.
Steyn is useless at the death and our batsmen need to be a little more positive against spin. David Hussey getting wickets? Ridiculous!

Van Jaarsveld probably isn't ready - he's had a bunch of chances now.
Hell, there are a bunch of fringe players knocking at the door, like Henry Davids, Johan Louw and even Justin Ontong all did well in the domestic season.
Gibbs showed glimpses, but probably should concentrate on Pro20 cricket from now on.