1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 04:06
    Shocking week for Real Madrid - beaten at the Bernabeu by Barcelona, and then losing 2-1 today to a team with 47 points. They were in the driving seat just four days ago and now they do not control their fate. Add to that the terribly unfortunate injury to Victor Valdes and the end result is that Atletico have a clear run to the title. To top it off, Atletico and Barcelona are separated by only a point and will face each other three more times: twice in the Champions League and one more time in La Liga - in the season finale on May 18 at Camp Nou.

It's a perfect build-up to the World Cup, although no one in Spain could have been happy at seeing Valdes felled. Personally, while I admire Barcelona greatly, and neither club, country, nor the man himself remotely deserved Valdes' fate, new silverware in the other trophy room in Madrid would do La Liga a great good.

Does anyone disagree?
  2. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    17 May '14 07:23
    I hope Atletico win the title.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    23 May '14 17:00
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    I hope Atletico win the title.
    And so they do. Now tomorrow, they have the chance for the double. Going to be very tough without Diego Costa, but I don't think Ronaldo is 100% either. I think 1-1 and penalties decides it.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 May '14 20:53
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    And so they do. Now tomorrow, they have the chance for the double. Going to be very tough without Diego Costa, but I don't think Ronaldo is 100% either. I think 1-1 and penalties decides it.
    4-0 Real.
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    24 May '14 09:16
    Originally posted by Trev33
    4-0 Real.
    Maybe but at this moment, the hope is there.

It's morning in Lisbon. Time for coffee. Past time for coffee. Time for some work.

It's morning in Madrid. All over the city, revelers are just now to bed, sleeping off their night and morning, and will rise together in anticipation. Early, for them, they will rise, but rise they will, because for the first time in the history of the European Cup, an entire city will become a cauldron.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 May '14 12:14
    Well my theory was correct in that if Real got in front Athletico would collapse but didn't see it happening like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree