1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 May '07 14:03
    Baseball fans, would you cheer or boo when this guy breaks the Home Run Record.

Please keep count as you post.

I would Boo. "Booooooo!" 😠

1 boo
    0 cheers

P-
  2. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    03 May '07 14:05
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

1 boo
    0 cheers

P-
    I might have some goosebumps for a few seconds, as it is still fun to watch the man swing the bat. But after those few seconds I will absolutely "boooooooo"

boo - 2
    cheer-0
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 May '07 14:14
    One more for Boo.

However, I cheer everytime he socks a dinger because he's on my fantasy team and I drafted him in the last round (20th) while others were picking up shmoes like Chris Duffy and Reed Johnson.
  4. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 May '07 14:16
    Boo.

Times a million.
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    03 May '07 14:18
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

1 boo
    0 cheers

P-
    Baseball = Uber Ggay! There are more leather clad sausage pirates in Baseball than any other sport. Percentage of ball snufflers = 73.2% FACT!

boo - 2
    cheer - 1
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 May '07 14:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    04 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 May '07 14:35
    boo. i wish the following was possible.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/mlb_credits_hank_aaron_with_50
  8. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 May '07 14:37
    Originally posted by searcy1977
    boo. i wish the following was possible.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/mlb_credits_hank_aaron_with_50
    I love The Onion. Too bad my company's IT dept blocked it.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '07 18:21
    prior to his steriod days I always really liked the guy, but at this point there is no way I can root for a cheater. It is a sad day when the most cherished all time record in sports is obtained fraudulently.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 May '07 18:33
    Originally posted by leepound
    prior to his steriod days I always really liked the guy, but at this point there is no way I can root for a cheater. It is a sad day when the most cherished all time record in sports is obtained fraudulently.
    I wouldn't even call it the most cherished all-time record in baseball let alone sports.

To me, Cal Ripken's ironman record is the most impressive.
  11. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    04 May '07 12:41
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I wouldn't even call it the most cherished all-time record in baseball let alone sports.

To me, Cal Ripken's ironman record is the most impressive.
    Who is going to steal 130 bases in a season again, or get 511 career wins?

But I could agree, these babies today need their day of rest every couple games. They should be ashamed of themselves.
  12. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    04 May '07 12:58
    Originally posted by leepound
    prior to his steriod days I always really liked the guy, but at this point there is no way I can root for a cheater.
    I have to agree with this sentiment. Given only two choices of cheering and booing, I'm sure not cheering.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '07 17:06
    I wasn't saying the all time homerun record is the most impressive of all records, but I do think it has a symbolic greatness. Babe Ruth for many years (and probably still now) is considered the greatest player of all time. His charisma rescued the sport from the Black Sox scandle and made it America's past time. Hank Aaron broke the record and it has social significance. It showed that there were African American players who were as great as any players at the game. He overcame death threats and was a source of great pride for a disadvantaged group and gave a concise example for all that in the sports world that integration allowed for all fans to see the greatest players. Now when Bonds break the record, I feel it will have negative social implication: it will show that chemicals and cheating can allow athletes to achieve what has never been achieved before. It certainly will not be a day I celebrate.
  14. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 May '07 19:08
    boo 5
    cheer 1
    syringe throw 1
  15. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    04 May '07 21:56
    I'm going to BOO rather loudly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree