1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 21:43
    For me, Sky wins hands down with 'Soccer AM' (although there's very little to do with football on it!), and Soccer Saturday with Jeff Stelling (the man's a comic genius!)

That said, MOTD still has some reverence, but it's never the same watching it on a Sunday morning... and I do miss the ITV Vidiprinter on Saturday afternoons.... the anticipation when the typing used to stick was unbearable.

Best music has to be Ski Sunday though... or Test Match Cricket, for Booker T's 'Soul Limbo'...

Best commentator: Sid Waddell (Darts) - no need to watch, listening to him is entertainment enough!
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 22:47
    television was made for (American) football was made for television
  3. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 09:23
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    television was made for (American) football was made for television
    Your post doesn't make any sense.
  4. Subscriberinvigorateonline
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 23:34
    Originally posted by blade68
    For me, Sky wins hands down with 'Soccer AM' (although there's very little to do with football on it!), and Soccer Saturday with Jeff Stelling (the man's a comic genius!)

That said, MOTD still has some reverence, but it's never the same watching it on a Sunday morning... and I do miss the ITV Vidiprinter on Saturday afternoons.... the anticipation when th ...[text shortened]... tator: Sid Waddell (Darts) - no need to watch, listening to him is entertainment enough!
    Best TV Programme: Grand National grandstand
    Best Commentator: Richie Benaud
    Best Music: Sports report (ok its on the radio) at 5pm on a Saturday: it focuses the mind for James Alexander Gordon and the classified check
  5. Joined
    06 Dec '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 07:44
    Saint and Greavesys sober unbiassed anna ( sod it )comments sorley missed
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 16:49
    Your post doesn't make any sense.
    read it again. it makes perfect sense.
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 22:55
    I miss Topless Darts on LiveTV.
  8. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 23:00

That said, MOTD still has some reverence, but it's never the same watching it on a Sunday morning... and I do miss the ITV Vidiprinter on Saturday afternoons.... the anticipation when th ...[text shortened]... tator: Sid Waddell (Darts) - no need to watch, listening to him is entertainment enough!
    mate..MOTD is rubbish now.. we get 5-7 mins of everygame. I liked it better when we used to see 3 games with about 20min of highlights back in da dayz!! the 70s.. man i love that time.....

SORRY!!
  9. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 23:02
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Best TV Programme: Grand National grandstand
    Best Music: Sports report (ok its on the radio) at 5pm on a Saturday: it focuses the mind for James Alexander Gordon and the classified check
    Best TV Programme: Supersunday- sky sports
    Best Music:Test Match cricket on the BBC
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 23:04
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    Best TV Programme: Supersunday- sky sports
    That's out of order. The ridiculous overhype of games and schoolboy excitedness of Andy Gray makes this a seriously unprofessional programme IMO.
  11. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 05:55
    No Cold Pizza?

Outside the Lines?

Quite Frankly?

You guys are losers, lol
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 09:42
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    That's out of order. The ridiculous overhype of games and schoolboy excitedness of Andy Gray makes this a seriously unprofessional programme IMO.
    I agree with your comment about Andy Gray, and the fact that he tries to make Bolton v M'boro sound like a European Cup Final... however, I think your opinion could be based on more than the fact that AG is a nob?
  13. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 14:45
    I'll spell it out for those that have trouble reading.

Football was a minor sport before television. Television would have remained an insignificant medium if not for football. American football and television were made for each other. The best TV sports program is the most watched American football game: the Superbowl. Nothing else even comes close.

To be concise, football was made for television was made for football.
  14. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 15:01
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I'll spell it out for those that have trouble reading.

Football was a minor sport before television. Television would have remained an insignificant medium if not for football. American football and television were made for each other. The best TV sports program is the most watched American football game: the Superbowl. Nothing else even comes close.

To be concise, football was made for television was made for football.
    I'm pretty sure that the success of television in the UK (and most of the rest of the world) has had relatively little to do with American Football.
  15. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 15:21
    Originally posted by mtthw
    I'm pretty sure that the success of television in the UK (and most of the rest of the world) has had relatively little to do with American Football.
    The success of television in the rest of the world had a lot to do with American broadcasting technology, so you might look a bit deeper into history to learn the unfortunate truth that a stupid sport that has done more to wreck American schools than just about anything else nevertheless has immense global historical significance. Of course, when the winning Super Bowl coach says that his team has just won the world championship, we realize how provincial they (we) remain in the colonies. Nevertheless, the event has significance beyond what the players themselves realize.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree