1. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 03:41
    Jamaican police have confirmed they are treating the death of Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer as suspicious, with the Pakistan team saying the death "may have been murder".

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=255884

Wow! Poor simple bugger.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 06:32
    God. This will end badly...
  3. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 09:12
    Originally posted by Crowley
    God. This will end badly...
    It's not been going to well up to now ;-((
  4. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 10:42
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    Jamaican police have confirmed they are treating the death of Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer as suspicious, with the Pakistan team saying the death "may have been murder".

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=255884

Wow! Poor simple bugger.
    That is a crazy article:

"It was the betting mafia which eliminated Hansie Cronje. It was the same betting mafia which killed 'Cadbury', the well-known bookie from Pakistan who later settled in South Africa. Cadbury's body was cut into pieces. Now, that has been the fate of Woolmer," Nawaz said.

"The other factor to help India will be that since much of the betting money comes from India, the bookmakers would like India to progress to the final," Nawaz said in an interview with Cricket Next on March 13

Conspiracy theories are going to mushroom from this one!
  5. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 10:54
    Originally posted by invigorate
    That is a crazy article:

"It was the betting mafia which eliminated Hansie Cronje. It was the same betting mafia which killed 'Cadbury', the well-known bookie from Pakistan who later settled in South Africa. Cadbury's body was cut into pieces. Now, that has been the fate of Woolmer," Nawaz said.

"The other factor to help India will be that since muc ...[text shortened]... with Cricket Next on March 13

Conspiracy theories are going to mushroom from this one!
    Yes, Safraz Nawaz is going over the top.
    The Jamaican police say they treat all unexplained deaths as suspicious now and retreating from speculation about foul play.
    Doesnt help the poor bloke and his family.
  6. Joined
    15 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 19:35
    Given what happened last time Pakistan were knocked out of the World Cup (Burning effigies of Bob Woolmer and the team together with the stoning of their bus), it is not unreasonable to think it could be some disappointed fanatic.
  7. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 21:23
    Originally posted by briey1
    Given what happened last time Pakistan were knocked out of the World Cup (Burning effigies of Bob Woolmer and the team together with the stoning of their bus), it is not unreasonable to think it could be some disappointed fanatic.
    I don't believe it's anything but natural. And he didn't look well to me just before he died. And, a disgruntled fan would shoot or stab him.
  8. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 00:03
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    I don't believe it's anything but natural. And he didn't look well to me just before he died. And, a disgruntled fan would shoot or stab him.
    Looks like this might not be the case now...

BBC "Following the results of a post mortem examination, police said Mr Woolmer had died of asphyxia as a result of manual strangulation."

Cricinfo: "Woolmer died of strangulation" "Post mortem results show that Woolmer was strangled."

Sky News: "Jamaica police say Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer was murdered."

CNN: "Jamaican police are now treating the death of Pakistani cricket coach Bob Woolmer as a murder, Jamaican police commissioner Lucius Thomas says."

Andrew
  9. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 03:21
    It looks like I eat my words. A fan, a robber or the betting mafia?
  10. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 04:27
    Its a sad reflection on the world we are in when someone is murdered over a game of cricket.
    Find this mad dog and try them to the full extent of the law.
    No joke here guys, but this is just not cricket.
  11. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 08:53
    My bet is it wont too hard to find the killer. A top hotel has eyes and ears everywhere.
  12. Joined
    15 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 07:39
    Well, it looks like betting was involved. For my money, the loss to Ireland was so extraordinary, l think that match was thrown, just look at the some of the wickets! The investigation is also taking too much time considering they have CCTV footage.
  13. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 11:55
    Nazir & Ul-Haq were giving catching practice:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XuoBH-5-c_M
  14. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 15:291 edit
    Originally posted by briey1
    For my money, the loss to Ireland was so extraordinary, l think that match was thrown, just look at the some of the wickets!
    I can believe that some match fixing is involved in cricket.

But I don't believe for a moment that Pakistan would eliminate themselves from the world cup in that way deliberately. Especially given the response they knew they'd be going home to. They looked devastated.
  15. Joined
    15 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 16:06
    Originally posted by mtthw
    I can believe that some match fixing is involved in cricket.

But I don't believe for a moment that Pakistan would eliminate themselves from the world cup in that way deliberately. Especially given the response they knew they'd be going home to. They looked devastated.
    But, they probably reckoned on beating West Indies and still going through to the super 8s after losing to Ireland. The fact that they lost to WI made the plan go awry, hence the tragedy.
    I agree this is all speculation, but something hugely wrong is going on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree