1. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Fort Lauderdale
    Joined
    17 Aug '06
    Moves
    119668
    05 Aug '07 05:05
    There's a drive! going, going GONE!!!!

    Barry Bonds just tied one of the 'unreachable' basball records..
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    8353
    05 Aug '07 05:07
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    There's a drive! going, going GONE!!!!

    Barry Bonds just tied one of the 'unreachable' basball records..
    Whatever. Baseball fans make too much of their sport. Seriously, I bet there's some good ping pong records that could be broken with a bit of juice too.
  3. Under Cover
    Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    28912
    05 Aug '07 05:08
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    There's a drive! going, going GONE!!!!

    Barry Bonds just tied one of the 'unreachable' basball records..
    It's a remarkable achievement, even if it is Barry Bonds. Too bad he’s such a polarizing figure.
  4. Standard memberirontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    A Stapler!
    Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    59283
    05 Aug '07 05:15
    he will have it coming, mark my words 🙂
  5. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Fort Lauderdale
    Joined
    17 Aug '06
    Moves
    119668
    05 Aug '07 05:33
    Baseball fans, ping pong aside, would appreciate the timelessness of such a feat. I was a child when Henry Aaron broke the 40 year +/- record. It's comparable to DiMaggio's hit streak, or Ty Cobb's original record. I like baseball, along with millions of others..
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    05 Aug '07 13:141 edit
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Baseball fans, ping pong aside, would appreciate the timelessness of such a feat. I was a child when Henry Aaron broke the 40 year +/- record. It's comparable to DiMaggio's hit streak, or Ty Cobb's original record. I like baseball, along with millions of others..
    Chicks dig the long ball. Too bad this guy had to gain 4 hat sizes and artificially extend his career to reach this goal.

    When the book "Game of Shadows" came out Barry asked, "Where did you get this info"?

    He did not say, "How dare you make this up, I'm going to sue." When Kurt Schilling said he juiced up he didn't say, "No, I never did." He said, "Wait and see." What the hell does that mean?

    I think it means, "I'll be dead in 10 years and everyone knows I cheated."

    P-
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    05 Aug '07 15:32
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    There's a drive! going, going GONE!!!!

    Barry Bonds just tied one of the 'unreachable' basball records..
    Here's hoping it doesn't take A-Rod too long to beat it next...
  8. Standard memberirontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    A Stapler!
    Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    59283
    05 Aug '07 18:30
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Chicks dig the long ball. Too bad this guy had to gain 4 hat sizes and artificially extend his career to reach this goal.

    When the book "Game of Shadows" came out Barry asked, "Where did you get this info"?

    He did not say, "How dare you make this up, I'm going to sue." When Kurt Schilling said he juiced up he didn't say, "No, I never did." He sa ...[text shortened]...
    I think it means, "I'll be dead in 10 years and everyone knows I cheated."

    P-
    great post, recd
Back to Top