1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    19 Dec '07 16:12
    The kiddies are having a contest where you pick the winner of the bowl games, but I thought perhaps a few people might want to raise the bar and try to pick using the point spreads. There are 6 bowls this week (picking more than a week ahead with a spread is for amateurs - look just what happened to FSU). Here they are with my original picks, spreads and any adjustments:

    Poinsetta Bowl - December 20
    Utah 34 (-8) Navy 27

    I think I'll stick with Navy and the points.

    New Orleans Bowl - December 21

    Memphis (+2) 35 Florida Atlantic 33

    Memphis plus the points

    Papa Johns Bowl - December 22
    Cincinnati (-11 1/2)38 S. Miss 17

    This s/b a rout; take the Cats minus the points.

    New Mexico Bowl
    New Mexico (-3) 30 Nevada 27

    A toughie, but if I'm going to pick New Mexico to win, I might as well give the points.

    Pioneer Bowl
    BYU (-5 1/2) 21 UCLA 19

    Teams that fire their coach before a bowl game don't usually perform well. I'll change my pick and take BYU to win by more than the spread.



    Sheraton Hawaii Bowl - December 23
    Boise State (-11) 45 E.Carolina 22

    No contest; take the REAL defending National Champs minus the points.

    Anybody else along for the ride?
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66543
    20 Dec '07 20:20
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The kiddies are having a contest where you pick the winner of the bowl games, but I thought perhaps a few people might want to raise the bar and try to pick using the point spreads. There are 6 bowls this week (picking more than a week ahead with a spread is for amateurs - look just what happened to FSU). Here they are with my original picks, spreads and ...[text shortened]... REAL defending National Champs minus the points.

    Anybody else along for the ride?
    I will take the dog and the points in every bowl game down the line.
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    21 Dec '07 14:46
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I will take the dog and the points in every bowl game down the line.
    How retarded and lazy of you.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66543
    21 Dec '07 14:49
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    How retarded and lazy of you.
    But, I will win more than I will lose......
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    21 Dec '07 15:091 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    But, I will win more than I will lose......
    There's no assurance of that despite recent trends. And it remains a lazy and stupid thing to do: I'll try to get as many right as I possibly can thank you.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66543
    27 Dec '07 00:12
    You are 2-3 vs the spread and I am 3-2....hummmm
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66543
    27 Dec '07 05:49
    you are 2-4 and I am 4-2 now.....
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66543
    27 Dec '07 13:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder


    Sheraton Hawaii Bowl - December 23
    Boise State (-11) 45 E.Carolina 22

    No contest; take the REAL defending National Champs minus the points.

    ahem......
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    27 Dec '07 16:49
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    you are 2-4 and I am 4-2 now.....
    YOU aren't anything; you refused to pick any actual games. Since no one else is competing, I won't bother to keep picking.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    27 Dec '07 17:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    YOU aren't anything; you refused to pick any actual games. Since no one else is competing, I won't bother to keep picking.
    Weak!
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    27 Dec '07 17:051 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Weak!
    I'm not Ivanhoe; if no one is interested in a thread I started, I let it die. I picked the scores in another thread anyway; if it's sooooooooo important to you, just assume those are still my picks even against the spread.
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    27 Dec '07 17:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    YOU aren't anything; you refused to pick any actual games. Since no one else is competing, I won't bother to keep picking.
    Extremely WEAK!
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    27 Dec '07 18:091 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Extremely WEAK!
    Start picking all the games using the spread and I'll join in.

    That goes for Darvlay, too.

    EDIT: And try having an original thought some time.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66543
    27 Dec '07 20:101 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    YOU aren't anything; you refused to pick any actual games. Since no one else is competing, I won't bother to keep picking.
    You smartass!! You were the one who mouthed off at your expertise. I stated for all to see in another thread that you can win by betting every single dog down the line. You scoffed at the idea and I decided to prove it to you. Sure looks like it is holding true to form and that you quit because you aren't doing so well. My picks are made, how much plainer can it be? Or would you like me to type them out in a nice neat list and make up some diatribe about each game?

    If you don't pick, then I win by default!!! Now what are you going to do???

    Lame ducks, just like Boise State and Hawaii.
  15. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    27 Dec '07 21:56
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Start picking all the games using the spread and I'll join in.

    That goes for Darvlay, too.

    EDIT: And try having an original thought some time.
    I'll take all of the underdogs.
Back to Top