1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 04:482 edits
    The recent rant by Pete Caroll, couch of USC, would seem to indicate that the disgruntled coach is not that pleased about his QB's decision to enter the NFL draft. First of all, I think that perhaps Pete needs to get over himself and realize that the world does not revolve around his own needs/desires. Secondly, I think perhaps Pete needs to buck up and show a little class even though things may not be going your own way. In fact, could it be possible that it is in the best interest of Sanchez to enter the draft as he leaves the college level to make millions and millions of dollars in the NFL? God forbid. And lastly, we will be waiting for you in the Shoe next year Pete in Columbus. No doubt, Sanchez will be replaced with the most sought after new talent for a freshman QB in the known universe yada yada yada, but nothing can or will change the fact that whoever it is will be a wet behind the ears newby. I look forward to the Buckeyes welcoming him, whoever he might be, to the world of college football!!
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 06:50
    All I got to say is GO DUCKS!
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 17:031 edit
    Originally posted by Badwater
    All I got to say is GO DUCKS!
    This all reminds me of coach Tressels response to his best offensive player BB Wells going to the NFL. When asked if he thought he would become eligible he just shrugged his shoulders and said that he probably would. Wells has been the bread and butter of the OSU offensive for several years now yet he seemed genuinely pleased for him once he made the decision. Its almost as if he was more pleased for his player than for the pain of losing him.

As for Pete Carrol, I think perhaps he should get used to the idea of his players leaving early for the NFL. After all, the best talent in college football goes to USC. I guess it is the double edged sword for recruiting so well and so consistently. Sure you get the best talent but the likely hood of them staying is not that great so the recruiting becomes that much more challenging with such a high turnover rate.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 21:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    The recent rant by Pete Caroll, couch of USC, would seem to indicate that the disgruntled coach is not that pleased about his QB's decision to enter the NFL draft. First of all, I think that perhaps Pete needs to get over himself and realize that the world does not revolve around his own needs/desires. Secondly, I think perhaps Pete needs to buck up and sho ...[text shortened]... forward to the Buckeyes welcoming him, whoever he might be, to the world of college football!!
    Big Ten fans really never learn. USC will spank you in Columbus next year.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '09 03:241 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Big Ten fans really never learn. USC will spank you in Columbus next year.
    My only point here is that they SHOULD have more difficulty with a freshman QB. As to how much trouble, we shall see. It will also be nice for a change having them play somewhere other than their own back yard. Now if we can only get them to play a Rose Bowl in Columbus. LOL.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree