1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 14:20
    Andy says Roger did the roids. But we ALLLLLLL know you know better.

Sit back and wait for the verdict I guess, because I don't expect you have any common sense. You'll still claim it's all lies, you're no stranger to being WRONG.

P-
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 14:56
    Tap, tap, tap...

This thing on?

P-
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 21:35
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Andy says Roger did the roids. But we ALLLLLLL know you know better.

Sit back and wait for the verdict I guess, because I don't expect you have any common sense. You'll still claim it's all lies, you're no stranger to being WRONG.

P-
    And you got this information ....... where? On Jim Rome?
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 21:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    And you got this information ....... where? On Jim Rome?
    I posted my shout hours before Jim Rome. The subject was later talked about on Rome, and seems Pettit did a bit of 'back pedaling'.

Tomorrow is Roger's time, and his pants will blaze before GOD if he lies to congress under oath...

Bwahahahahahaaaaa!

P-
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 22:04
    I posted my shout hours before Jim Rome. The subject was later talked about on Rome, and seems Pettit did a bit of 'back pedaling'.

Tomorrow is Roger's time, and his pants will blaze before GOD if he lies to congress under oath...

Bwahahahahahaaaaa!

P-
    Petitte hasn't said anything publicly since he admitted to taking HGH twice. There are plenty of rumors flying (all, of course, negative to Clemens reflecting the sportswriters' bias), many coming from McNamee's lawyers. But nobody's deposition has been made public, so quite frankly we don't know what Petitte said. If he had directly said that Clemens took steroids, I doubt very much if he would have been removed from tomorrow's dog and pony show.

If Petitte says that Clemens admitted to Andy he took steroids, I'll believe him.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 22:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Petitte hasn't said anything publicly since he admitted to taking HGH twice. There are plenty of rumors flying (all, of course, negative to Clemens reflecting the sportswriters' bias), many coming from McNamee's lawyers. But nobody's deposition has been made public, so quite frankly we don't know what Petitte said. If he had directly said that Clemens to ...[text shortened]... If Petitte says that Clemens admitted to Andy he took steroids, I'll believe him.
    Do you think he Clemens took steroids? Honest opinion please.

P-
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 22:181 edit
    Do you think he Clemens took steroids? Honest opinion please.

P-
    I don't know and you know I don't care. I'm not all that big of a Clemens fan though I respect his achievements and did so even when he was on the Sux. But I think the whole steroid thing has been blown out of proportion.

That said, I still think he's entitled to a presumption of innocence until the evidence overcomes it. I don't think that McNamee's unsubstantiated charges made at a time he was facing felony charges and right after Roger had declined to re-hire him are convincing evidence. But if Andy collaborates the charges, then I'll believe it; Andy has no incentive to lie at all and has always come across as an honest individual.

Though I don't think Congress should be getting involved in a dispute between two individuals which already has a lawsuit pending, I admit I'll probably watch tomorrow if I have a chance. The old "slowing down at the car wreck" syndrome.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 00:331 edit
    Do ya see this? Jose Canseco who has accused EVERYBODY (it seems) states in a sworn affidavit:

"I have never had a conversation with Clemens in which he expressed any interest in using steroids or human growth hormone," Canseco said in the affidavit. "Clemens has never asked me to give steroids or human growth hormone, and I have never seen Clemens use, possess or ask for steroids or human growth hormone."

Canseco continued: "I have played on three teams with Roger Clemens and I have no reason to believe that he has ever used steroids, human growth hormone, or any other performance enhancing drugs."

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7788320/Canseco-never-saw-Clemens-use-'roids

Canseco was a teammate of Clemen's both in Toronto in 1998 and with the Yankees in 2000; both seasons are ones where McNamee has claimed he injected Clemens with steroids during.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 13:37
    Canseco in his book says he discussed performance enhancing drugs with Clemens and thta he believed Clemens used peformance enhancers.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 13:551 edit
    Originally posted by poundlee
    Canseco in his book says he discussed performance enhancing drugs with Clemens and thta he believed Clemens used peformance enhancers.
    An sworn affidavit is a tad bit more reliable than some mudslinging book.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 14:24
    From the reports I have read sworn testimony (Pettitte/ McNamee) does not seem to help Clemens either.
  12. Joined
    23 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 15:30
    Hey
    im a red sox fan and so i hope he gets busted bigg tiime
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 18:262 edits
    Originally posted by poundlee
    From the reports I have read sworn testimony (Pettitte/ McNamee) does not seem to help Clemens either.
    Indeed. I saw Clemons today before the Congressional committee. If you ask me, he is between a rock and a hard place now because he has his friend Andy having given sworn testimony that he took HGH who, by the way, Clemens has no interest in demonizing as he did McNamee. Yep, he's toast. In fact, I am a little concerned about Roger. Just the other day I recieved a phone call from him asking me to say that he never was juiced.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 18:281 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Indeed. I saw Clemons today before the Congressional committee. If you ask me, he is between a rock and a hard place now because he has his friend Andy having given sworn testimony that he took HGH who, by the way, Clemens has no interest in demonizing as he did McNamee. Yep, he's toast.
    Doesn't sound good... Can't wait to see the highlights later.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree