15 May '08 11:391 edit
    Or rather will lose. 😏
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    15 May '08 13:23
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    Or rather will lose. 😏
    Who's playing for the Swedes in this tournament? Anybody on the pro level? Is Salo gonna be in net?
  3. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    15 May '08 16:35
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Who's playing for the Swedes in this tournament? Anybody on the pro level? Is Salo gonna be in net?
    Henrik Lundqvist. 😏

I'm so excited! 😀
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 May '08 01:281 edit
    Canada beat Swedes 5-4....Russia will be their toughest opponent I think.
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    17 May '08 02:51
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Canada beat Swedes 5-4....Russia will be their toughest opponent I think.
    russia was crap against finland, fortunately for them finland was even worse. 😞 the decisive game has been played already, sweden lost, and canada will win the tournament.

however, the bronze game will be an epic battle, just like fin-swe games always are. hundreds of years of grudge will be dug up, just like always, and both teams will rather get their heads chopped off than surrender the victory. it has nothing to do with winning the bronze anymore, it's always personal between finland and sweden.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 May '08 03:12
    Originally posted by wormwood
    russia was crap against finland, fortunately for them finland was even worse. 😞 the decisive game has been played already, sweden lost, and canada will win the tournament.

however, the bronze game will be an epic battle, just like fin-swe games always are. hundreds of years of grudge will be dug up, just like always, and both teams will rather get their ...[text shortened]... nothing to do with winning the bronze anymore, it's always personal between finland and sweden.
    yes, I think that game goes tomorrow between sweden and finland, that will be a war for sure.

I am not so sure the Russians will be so easy for Canada ! I think it will be a close game and wouldn't bet the farm on the outcome so to speak.
  7. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    17 May '08 06:381 edit
    Canada beat Swedes 5-4
    And still I can't wipe this grin off my face. 😀

I'm real happy with the game. Sweden, the underdogs in this case, gave Canada quite the scare there for a while. And I wonder what would have been the score had not Lundqvist gotten so tired all of a sudden.

No matter. Canada played as well as expected and congratulations to them. But Sweden really did a great game.

😀

As for Russia-Canada, I think since I'm really indifferent to who wins that game, it will be a fun game to watch. They're both great teams, so it could be an entertaining encounter when they both play for gold. May the best team win, eh?

But the Swedish team ROCKS! I NEVER thought they'd get this far, and even though their success has a lot to do with Murray, Jönsson and Lundqvist, the other guys really stepped up to the plate and played on a level I never imagined they would. Especially, Ledin, Weinhandl and Hörnqvist. 😀😀😀😀😀

Now, if we can only get Kenny Jönsson and Lundqvist back in shape for the game against Finland, and Murray can be a little tougher again, then I think we have a bronze. In fact, I think I'll just start a thread about that. 😏
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 May '08 17:521 edit
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    And still I can't wipe this grin off my face. 😀

I'm real happy with the game. Sweden, the underdogs in this case, gave Canada quite the scare there for a while. And I wonder what would have been the score had not Lundqvist gotten so tired all of a sudden.

No matter. Canada played as well as expected and congratulations to them. But Sweden really did a n, then I think we have a bronze. In fact, I think I'll just start a thread about that. 😏
    I would agree the best team who plays the best tomorrow will win, rather it is the best team, they could probaby debate 'till the cows come home. 😉 !!

I am getting all ready to watch that Sweden vs. Finland game, that is going to be the best game of the whole tournament so far I think. Just watching Detriot vs. Dallas untill it comes on. 😉

Still in the first, no score yet.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 May '08 23:41
    I would agree the best team who plays the best tomorrow will win, rather it is the best team, they could probaby debate 'till the cows come home. 😉 !!

I am getting all ready to watch that Sweden vs. Finland game, that is going to be the best game of the whole tournament so far I think. Just watching Detriot vs. Dallas untill it comes on. 😉

Too bad Sweden ran out of gas...I was wrong , it wasn't the best game to date 🙁
  10. Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 May '08 01:36

I think it's a 50-50 situation. Usually the team that starts better keeps their edge. So, the first 2-3 goals are vital. Go, Russia.

I just hate the format of that tourney. They play lots of almost meaningless games and then suddenly single elimination begins. I'd prefer for 2 teams to come out of each group form the preliminaries and then 8 best teams could play round-robin.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 May '08 01:571 edit
    Originally posted by infomast
    I think it's a 50-50 situation. Usually the team that starts better keeps their edge. So, the first 2-3 goals are vital. Go, Russia.

I just hate the format of that tourney. They play lots of almost meaningless games and then suddenly single elimination begins. I'd prefer for 2 teams to come out of each group form the preliminaries and then 8 best teams could play round-robin.
    I agree with you except for one thing .......... GO CANADA GO !!! 😛

Russia was in the other pool, did they also win all their games?
  12. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    18 May '08 02:15
    I agree with you except for one thing .......... GO CANADA GO !!! 😛

Russia was in the other pool, did they also win all their games?
    I didn't see all of russia's games, but the ones I saw were pretty weak. I think they won all games, but none of the wins were convincing. the final will end up something like 6-2 to canada, with russia scoring a couple of lucky ones from the only counter attacks they'll get. it'll be a massacre.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 May '08 02:21
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I didn't see all of russia's games, but the ones I saw were pretty weak. I think they won all games, but none of the wins were convincing. the final will end up something like 6-2 to canada, with russia scoring a couple of lucky ones from the only counter attacks they'll get. it'll be a massacre.
    Thank You, I didn't get to see any of the Russian games. I thought they were a lot closer in playing strenght !
  14. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    18 May '08 07:23
    Too bad Sweden ran out of gas...I was wrong , it wasn't the best game to date 🙁
    I wouldn't say Sweden ran out of gas. All in all I believe Sweden had many more shots and opportunities, right. So they played a very good game. Bäckström in the Finnish goal along with a not so good Swedish defense is the two main reasons Sweden lost. But they played hard until the bitter end, so to say they ran out of gas is... well, did you even watch the game? 😕
  15. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    18 May '08 14:05
    Thank You, I didn't get to see any of the Russian games. I thought they were a lot closer in playing strenght !
    still, it's always possible that russia somehow gets really fired up and plays their best game in the final. I mean, it's not like they lack the skill. but I have hard time believing they can put up a good fight today... against finland they hardly got out of their end, but the few times they did, they scored.

I hope I'm wrong though and we'll have a great game today.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree