1. Wanssum
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 11:001 edit
    This is becomming the saddest event of the year. It should actually be a big celebrating event.

Everybody uses doping, everybody knows this. Reporting is only not about bicycling anymore, it's becoming a soap.

Should doping be acounted for in the next Tours? Tolerate the are using, but watch bicycling again or should it be forbidden. Contestants can not stay away from doping, then no more riding.
  2. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 19:44
    Originally posted by Sith Lord Ties
    This is becomming the saddest event of the year. It should actually be a big celebrating event.

Everybody uses doping, everybody knows this. Reporting is only not about bicycling anymore, it's becoming a soap.

Should doping be acounted for in the next Tours? Tolerate the are using, but watch bicycling again or should it be forbidden. Contestants can not stay away from doping, then no more riding.
    It's terrible. They have all been banned for "pedalling"
  3. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 21:07
    I tried riding a bike on acid once and its not easy,God knows what it would be like in a big race like that
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 16:28
    Originally posted by smartrrrrs
    I tried riding a bike on acid once and its not easy,God knows what it would be like in a big race like that
    😞
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 18:10
    Originally posted by Sith Lord Ties

Don't change anything....it makes no difference to anyone that isn't racing in the events.

As viewers, we have a choice...either watch or don't watch. Eventually if these idiots keep getting caught, no one will bother to watch and it'll die out.

Let the market-place take care of the cheating. If the sport wants to survive, it'll smarten itself up.
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 11:54
    The biggest problem with legalising doping in professional sport is that it'd propogate down further into the amateur side... e.g. If Vino can do x then surley so can I do the same to win my clubs annual TT.

All sports are full of people cheating to gain an advantage - look at F1-gate, Crickets JellyBean-gate, Tevez-gate.

The full stage coverage of le tour means the only way to cheat is to take drugs, and this is well publicised. You don't hear so many calls for Tennis or Golf events to be called off due to drug taking, but it's still alleged to be prevalent in those sports.

There's no simple solution, the bad publicity will have to be lived with until the sport is clean and the media gaze moves elsewhere. Although the nature of the TdF and the coverage it gets draw focus each year, what people tend to forget though is that it's not the only cycle race each year, it is however the toughest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree