Cliff Lee

Standard membersh76
Sports 30 Jun '10 20:59
  1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    30 Jun '10 20:59
    The Phillies were stupid for trading him. The guy's a horse and he's proven he can dominate in both leagues. If a team like the Mets or Rangers or Cardinals ever get Lee, they turn into instant favorites to make a big run. If the Yankees ever get him... LOL...
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    30 Jun '10 21:05
    Originally posted by sh76
    The Phillies were stupid for trading him. The guy's a horse and he's proven he can dominate in both leagues. If a team like the Mets or Rangers or Cardinals ever get Lee, they turn into instant favorites to make a big run. If the Yankees ever get him... LOL...
    just think what would happen if they got Bruce Lee! be water my friend!
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    30 Jun '10 21:35
    Originally posted by sh76
    The Phillies were stupid for trading him. The guy's a horse and he's proven he can dominate in both leagues. If a team like the Mets or Rangers or Cardinals ever get Lee, they turn into instant favorites to make a big run. If the Yankees ever get him... LOL...
    If the Yankees ever get him... LOL.


    Whodey will declare that he will never watch baseball again because the big market teams will always be able to buy a championship.

    But would he be able to resist the temptation to peek at how the first-place Reds are doing?
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    30 Jun '10 21:38
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    If the Yankees ever get him... LOL.


    Whodey will declare that he will never watch baseball again because the big market teams will always be able to buy a championship.

    But would he be able to resist the temptation to peek at how the first-place Reds are doing?
    The Reds are in first place?

    Wow. Son of a gun. I didn't even realize that.

    What division is that? Class AAAA ball? 😛
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    30 Jun '10 22:012 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    The Reds are in first place?

    Wow. Son of a gun. I didn't even realize that.

    What division is that? Class AAAA ball? 😛
    At the beginning of the baseball season, we were having one of those big market vs small market threads, and I jokingly told Whodey that I was going to be routing for the Reds. (I actually have been routing for the Reds - I'm glad they're having a good season).

    I never imagined the Reds would actually have a good season. I think both me and Whodey keep expecting that at any moment, Cinderella will revert to her former self. But it's almost halfway through the season and everyone else in the division except the Cardinals are total basket cases. The Cubs have been especially amusing recently.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    30 Jun '10 22:55
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    At the beginning of the baseball season, we were having one of those big market vs small market threads, and I jokingly told Whodey that I was going to be routing for the Reds. (I actually have been routing for the Reds - I'm glad they're having a good season).

    I never imagined the Reds would actually have a good season. I think both me and Whodey keep ...[text shortened]... except the Cardinals are total basket cases. The Cubs have been especially amusing recently.
    What you're doing is rooting for the Reds. Routing the Reds is what usually happens. 😉
Back to Top