College football in the news

College football in the news

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
11 Jun 10

I just heard that USC has been banned from the postseason for two straight years due to "unethical" conduct. :'( Oh the agony!!! 😵

I also hear that Colorado is going to join the PAC 10 and Nebraska is going to join the Big 10. It appears that the days of the Big 12 are numbered as it is speculated that both Texas and Oklahoma will join the PAC 10. This would mean that the Big 10 should get a move on and pick up some other big named schools. I wonder if Notre Dame can be manipulated into joining?

E

Moves
11 Jun 10

The Big 10 would like nothing more than to pick up Nebbish and the Domers.

I'd love to see Texas and OU end up in the SEC, but I doubt that will happen. Very interesting days indeed. No matter what, I don't think Texas will have as much say in what happens in the conference they join as compared to the power they had in the Big XII.

d

Moves
11 Jun 10
1 edit

Pete Carroll must have known this, or at the very least known that there were some serious reprimands coming, when he took the Seahawks job. His legacy is now shot completely to hell.

I also looks good on that scumbag Lane Kiffin who has got everything he's deserved with his new job. 🙂

q

Moves
11 Jun 10

Originally posted by darvlay
Pete Carroll must have known this, or at the very least known that there were some serious reprimands coming, when he took the Seahawks job. His legacy is now shot completely to hell.

I also looks good on that scumbag Lane Kiffin who has got everything he's deserved with his new job. 🙂
Pete Carrol knew what he was leaving and Kiffin should have known what he was getting into. But as much as I wish there was a punishement for cheating, less distinguished programs recover from greater transgressions. For example, Baylor basketball in the recent past had one player kill another and then the program tried to cover it up but they had a top notch team this year.

w

Moves
11 Jun 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
The Big 10 would like nothing more than to pick up Nebbish and the Domers.

I'd love to see Texas and OU end up in the SEC, but I doubt that will happen. Very interesting days indeed. No matter what, I don't think Texas will have as much say in what happens in the conference they join as compared to the power they had in the Big XII.
Nebraska is a good fit to the Big Ten with their stingy defense and all. As for Texas, come on over to the Big Ten!! There is no doubt they will have to pick a conference to flee to seeing that the Big 12 is falling apart. If they join the SEC, however, I doubt they will have the success they have had in the past. For that reason alone I suggest they not go there unless they want to play a second fiddle to Florida, LSU, and Alabama.

E

Moves
12 Jun 10

Texas will not go to the Big 10, no matter how tempting it would be to join a conference where it would stand such a good chance of winning year in and year out.

Nebraska is a great fit for the Big 10 because it doesn't have much offense and is mostly white. I think there might be some connection there, mostly white and no offense. Maybe?

It just makes me angry that OU is unwilling to take the first move. Let Texas follow OU or go somewhere else. If OU wants to go to the Pac-10 or Pac-16 whatever you want to call it, it should have to wait for Texas. That's just embarassing.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Jun 10

Texas will not go to the Big 10, no matter how tempting it would be to join a conference where it would stand such a good chance of winning year in and year out.

Nebraska is a great fit for the Big 10 because it doesn't have much offense and is mostly white. I think there might be some connection there, mostly white and no offense. Maybe?

It just make ...[text shortened]... c-16 whatever you want to call it, it should have to wait for Texas. That's just embarassing.
Whether you want to admit it or not...Texas has more top caliber programs than OU. Texas is the top rated school, overall, in the Big 12, or whatever you want to call it.
OU needs the Texas rivalry. They have lost Nebraska...and Oklahoma State isn't going to get the job done.

If Texas A&M thinks they shouldn't stay joined to Texas, so be it. I think it would be great fun to see their funding cut off from the UT coffers. The aggies need UT much more than UT needs the aggies.

E

Moves
12 Jun 10

OU needs the Texas rivalry.

I don't think either school really wants to give it up. In any case, it seems to me that Texas and OU played a few games during the old SWC days.

OU admin is just giving Texas a hand job. Sad but true.

On the bright side, OU will be the most dominant team during the Big XII era with by far the most Conference Titles. But I suppose to Texas fans conference titles don't mean anything.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
13 Jun 10

[b]OU needs the Texas rivalry.

I don't think either school really wants to give it up. In any case, it seems to me that Texas and OU played a few games during the old SWC days.

OU admin is just giving Texas a hand job. Sad but true.

On the bright side, OU will be the most dominant team during the Big XII era with by far the most Conference Titles. But I suppose to Texas fans conference titles don't mean anything.[/b]
Oh, you are speaking of football only. I am speaking of all sports. That is why Texas is so powerful now. Football, baseball, basketball, track, swimming, golf and tennis are all powerful from the men's side. The women are strong in basketball, softball, volleyball, track, swimming, golf and tennis.

Granted the largest revenue producing sports are football and men's basketball, but Texas has the best cluster of facilities of any school in the country, bar none. Their programs are also among the super elite. THAT is why other conferences covet UT.

A&M amazes me that they would even think of going to the SEC. Granted, they can't handle UT & OU, but do they think they are going to prosper in the SEC???

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
13 Jun 10

The Big East is the next to be raided/destroyed. I see it's demise as well. Watch theBig 10 grab Pitt, Syracuse and Rutgers. Then the pressure will be on the Irish to jump on board.

As a Big 10 fan I can say that I've been a lifelong Nebraska fan for almost a week. Go Big red.

E

Moves
15 Jun 10

I disagree. It's all about the money. The only thing conferences officials are concerned about is money. If the sport doesn't make money, then it really doesn't matter.

That means the only two sports that matter are Football and Basketball. Women's sports are nothing more than Title 9 compliance.