1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 16:38
    http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=acb75aa0-481a-44ca-83f7-15ba12fdc6b5

Quickly recovering from hip surgery, Colt Brennan riddled Indy's vaunted defense (albeit the 2nd and 3rd string of said defense) to the tune of 9-10, 123 YDs and 2 TDs in rallying the Redskins to a 30-16 win over the soon to be renamed "Colts". Fitting that Colt begins his career where it will end i.e. in Canton, Ohio.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 17:22
    I'll give you credit for sticking with your guy, and I am guessing you are not really expecting his career to end there either.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 17:41
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=acb75aa0-481a-44ca-83f7-15ba12fdc6b5

Quickly recovering from hip surgery, Colt Brennan riddled Indy's vaunted defense (albeit the 2nd and 3rd string of said defense) to the tune of 9-10, 123 YDs and 2 TDs in rallying the Redskins to a 30-16 win over the soon to be renamed "Colts". Fitting that Colt begins his career where it will end i.e. in Canton, Ohio.
    When Colt gets cut, he can sell admission tickets to the HOF in Canton. That will be the ONLY way he will ever be in Canton. But, keep living the dream!!
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 17:51
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    When Colt gets cut, he can sell admission tickets to the HOF in Canton. That will be the ONLY way he will ever be in Canton. But, keep living the dream!!
    There's little chance he'll get cut; he's competing for the third QB spot with Derek Devine, a Marshall QB who was undrafted in 2007 and cut by Seattle before the regular season. That the 'Skins would sign Colt to a four year deal even when his playing status was up in the air because of the hip surgery shows they have some confidence in his ability. He'll probably be holding a clipboard this year but I suspect his shot will come sooner rather than later.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 18:01
    There's little chance he'll get cut; he's competing for the third QB spot with Derek Devine, a Marshall QB who was undrafted in 2007 and cut by Seattle before the regular season. That the 'Skins would sign Colt to a four year deal even when his playing status was up in the air because of the hip surgery shows they have some confidence in his ability. He' ...[text shortened]... be holding a clipboard this year but I suspect his shot will come sooner rather than later.
    Pre-season game against rookies and fillers versus a ticket to Canton. Even you have to admit that was a stretch.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 18:081 edit
    Pre-season game against rookies and fillers versus a ticket to Canton. Even you have to admit that was a stretch.
    Obviously it's bit tongue in cheek, but he looked quite good nonetheless. Until recently it was thought he might not even be able to play in the preseason, but the hip has improved remarkably (his surgery was in May, I think).

My thinking of his ability wasn't changed by the Sugar Bowl debacle where his line was overran by Georgia's front 3, giving him little time or by his brief stint in the Senior Bowl (6 throws which for some reason seemed to hurt him badly in pro scout's eyes). The injury problems are a cause for concern, however.

If he stays healthy, I think he'll eventually be a starting QB in the NFL; he has all the tools.

EDIT: The surgery was on April 7 actually. Here's what Redskin coach Jim Zorn said about Colt when he was drafted (granted he's not going to say "he stinks"😉:

"The thing that I look for, one of the strong suits of a QB, is can he hit what he's throwing at?" Zorn said. "Colt has done that. He's been a 70-percent passer. Whatever level and whatever type of defense you're going against, to throw 70-plus percent, there's some accuracy there. . . .

"And he's got the ability to move around. His lateral movement, his ability to get himself in a position to throw the ball after a play breaks down, is tremendous, I think. Hopefully, he'll be able to come in here and do that."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/27/AR2008042702374.html?hpid=topnews
  7. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 18:10
    Colt Brennan riddled Indy's vaunted defense (albeit the 2nd and 3rd string of said defense)
    That says it all right there.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 18:23
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809b832b

John Madden: He can fling it, can't he?

Three real nice downfield throws and getting outside of the rush to throw a TD in the red zone. Not bad.
  9. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 17:19
    Half of the highly rated college players will not make it in the NFL. Most will not have the skill to play in the NFL while some will have their career ended by injury and or personal problems. I expect Colt to make it. I just hope that Darren McFadden and Felix Jones have long and prosperous NFL careers.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Aug '08 17:421 edit
    Colt strikes again leading the Redskins on a last minute drive to a touchdown to beat the Jets. Brennan goes 4-5 for 79 yards and a 33 yard touchdown strike with 1:09 to go. His performance completely overshadowed the debut of the Jets' new quarterback (who's name escapes me).
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Aug '08 01:411 edit
    Holy cow!! Call Canton and tell them to get the bust ready in a hurry!!

Pre-season against 2nd & third team defenders. Yawn!!
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Aug '08 02:162 edits
    Holy cow!! Call Canton and tell them to get the bust ready in a hurry!!

Pre-season against 2nd & third team defenders. Yawn!!
    One SC prediction wrong already:

With his performance in Washington's first two preseason games, Redskins quarterback Colt Brennan has all but clinched a spot on his team's 53-man roster. Brennan has shown too much for Washington to release him and hope to get him back on to its practice squad. Despite being maligned in the process leading up to the draft, Brennan will make the Redskins' roster.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story;jsessionid=1C4FD5ECD87364C398D4E29F58242E7A?id=09000d5d809f703a&template=with-video&confirm=true

That was, of course, before Colt's sterling performance against Gang Green.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Aug '08 04:26
    One SC prediction wrong already:

With his performance in Washington's first two preseason games, Redskins quarterback Colt Brennan has all but clinched a spot on his team's 53-man roster. Brennan has shown too much for Washington to release him and hope to get him back on to its practice squad. Despite being maligned in the process lea ...[text shortened]...

That was, of course, before Colt's sterling performance against Gang Green.
    Making the team and making the HOF are a whole lot different. I'll still stand by my prediction that he will not be an HOF caliber player....EVER. I have seen way too many just like him coming out of the same systems. Andre Ware, David Klingler and Timmy Chang to name a few. Ware and Klinger made NFL teams and were starters as well. June Jones and/or Mouse Davis were the Offensive guru's for those three as well.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Aug '08 05:05
    Making the team and making the HOF are a whole lot different. I'll still stand by my prediction that he will not be an HOF caliber player....EVER. I have seen way too many just like him coming out of the same systems. Andre Ware, David Klingler and Timmy Chang to name a few. Ware and Klinger made NFL teams and were starters as well. June Jones and/or Mouse Davis were the Offensive guru's for those three as well.
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Lao Tzu
  15. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '08 06:17
    I have followed the guy's career and he has great stuff, he will be a Hall of Famer for sure.
    Wait, Marauder likes the guy? Never mind, he's a bum. 😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree