Moves
    28 Dec '09 15:38
    Wow..what's your opinion on the loss?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 15:39
    Originally posted by galveston75
    the reached for perfection, but it was not to be! very sad, they were winning as well!
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 15:55
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It's irrelevant. Home field advantage is locked up and the question of when to remove starters from a game is non-existent in the playoffs.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 16:08
    I wouldn't be surprised if the coach actually WANTED to get a loss. It's hard enough to win a superbowl without having to deal with the distractions of "being perfect". The Jets "picked" a good week to be facing this team.

Of course, no one in the Colts organization will EVER admit they wanted to lose a game.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 20:06
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    I wouldn't be surprised if the coach actually WANTED to get a loss. It's hard enough to win a superbowl without having to deal with the distractions of "being perfect". The Jets "picked" a good week to be facing this team.

Of course, no one in the Colts organization will EVER admit they wanted to lose a game.
    But had Caldwell elected to play the game to win and Peyton Manning or Joseph Addai get hurt and are done for the playoffs, the fans would have been screaming for his head. He played it smartly, and to be honest, the Colts were damn lucky to be undefeated up to this point. They could have easily lost 4 or 5 gamesthat they sucked out of. Undefeated would be nice, but winning the Super Bowl is the prize.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 21:45
    The Cots strove for perfectiong by sitting Manning? They traded the game for long term dividends. Of course it could all be for not. Manning could get hurt the first round of the play offs. He could have a very bad game.

The retired Miami players are the only ones who really care about it.
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 22:261 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    But had Caldwell elected to play the game to win and Peyton Manning or Joseph Addai get hurt and are done for the playoffs, the fans would have been screaming for his head. He played it smartly, and to be honest, the Colts were damn lucky to be undefeated up to this point. They could have easily lost 4 or 5 gamesthat they sucked out of. Undefeated would be nice, but winning the Super Bowl is the prize.
    And if the Colts lose their first playoff game because all their stars were rusted to the core after almost a month of near inactivity, the fans will be none too pleased.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 00:09
    I have lost all respect for the Colts! At first I thought they were beaten in an honest contest like NO was. No! They threw in the towel! They are the Roberto Durans of the NFL! What a sorry team of losers! With perfection within reach they not only give up but also cheated an array of teams who counted on Indy beating the stinkin Jets! That's why the college game is sooo much better! I hope they lose in the first round! If resting them is of the essence why have the starters play half the game? Pretty dumb to risk them for a half! Why not sit them in the playoffs? They might get hurt! Wah!!! I think Caldwell is an idiot. Resting players is the wuzz way out, especially for a team that has looked rusty the last four games!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 03:301 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I have lost all respect for the Colts! At first I thought they were beaten in an honest contest like NO was. No! They threw in the towel! They are the Roberto Durans of the NFL! What a sorry team of losers! With perfection within reach they not only give up but also cheated an array of teams who counted on Indy beating the stinkin Jets! That's why the c ...[text shortened]... g players is the wuzz way out, especially for a team that has looked rusty the last four games!
    Hi scacchipazzo it was a brilliant piece of strategy. yes it would disappoint some, but i watched the questions put to the Colts coach afterwards, and that dude knows what he is doing. It was simply a matter of winding down for did they not qualify really early? week eleven or something? Time shall tell whether his strategy was correct or not. Btw watched highlights of a cowboys match 'who dat! who dat!', quite funny, but I like their quarter back, Romo, he really puts his foot on the ground and makes them passes count.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 12:151 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hi scacchipazzo it was a brilliant piece of strategy. yes it would disappoint some, but i watched the questions put to the Colts coach afterwards, and that dude knows what he is doing. It was simply a matter of winding down for did they not qualify really early? week eleven or something? Time shall tell whether his strategy was correct or not. Bt e their quarter back, Romo, he really puts his foot on the ground and makes them passes count.
    Then he should have sat them from week eleven onwards. I don't think he knows what he's doing. Every time the Colts strategy has been tried it has backfired. You lose that edge and other teams' "D" begin to see you as wimps, smell blood and come at you like dogs smelling fear. Because of this it is never a good strategy at all. If you noticed Manning never removed his helmet. Tacit disapproval of the coach's decision. Once you lose that slight edge it is very hard to get it back.

BTW, look up highlights from last night's Vikings-Bears game. One great game this was! Chicago had nothing to play for except pride and showed the Colts how it's to be done. They worked on next year's chemistry by hanging tough and winning a big if meaningless one. I admire the great cojones of the Bears!

Romo is certainly playing lights out! If they take care of Phillie on Sunday they should advance far in the playoffs!

Here's the yahoo story on the Colts. A good read:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvNIC__5m2QuHTHhV0NagJVDubYF?slug=cr-winnersandlosers122709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 18:15
    I have lost all respect for the Colts! At first I thought they were beaten in an honest contest like NO was. No! They threw in the towel! They are the Roberto Durans of the NFL! What a sorry team of losers! With perfection within reach they not only give up but also cheated an array of teams who counted on Indy beating the stinkin Jets! That's why the c ...[text shortened]... g players is the wuzz way out, especially for a team that has looked rusty the last four games!
    The array of teams shouldn't have all lost winnable games on Sunday and then they wouldn't have had to worry about the Colts beating the Jets.

The Jets have had at least 3 brutal losses in games that they dominated this year. They're 1-5 in games decided by less than a touchdown. They were due for a break.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 21:421 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    The array of teams shouldn't have all lost winnable games on Sunday and then they wouldn't have had to worry about the Colts beating the Jets.

The Jets have had at least 3 brutal losses in games that they dominated this year. They're 1-5 in games decided by less than a touchdown. They were due for a break.
    Therefore undeserving of a flukie break like this! I despise the Jets and any team backing into the playoffs. Of course they still have to win, which they might not on Sunday! Why would I favor a team whose own coach thinks they suck? I don't want them and and hope they lose and so do the stinkin Colts!
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 00:361 edit
    Therefore undeserving of a flukie break like this! I despise the Jets and any team backing into the playoffs. Of course they still have to win, which they might not on Sunday! Why would I favor a team whose own coach thinks they suck? I don't want them and and hope they lose and so do the stinkin Colts!
    I have to admit. I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Since when does Rex Ryan think the Jets suck?

How is winning by 2 touchdowns "backing into" the playoffs?

What's the "therefore" in your opening sentence?

What do you mean when you say you don't "want them"?
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 01:59
    Originally posted by sh76
    I have to admit. I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Since when does Rex Ryan think the Jets suck?

How is winning by 2 touchdowns "backing into" the playoffs?

What's the "therefore" in your opening sentence?

What do you mean when you say you don't "want them"?
    That's because you're an obvious Jets homey and are blind to the fact that they beat an understrength Colts who threw in the towel. Are you proud of your team? That's backing in to the playoffs with the worst gift wrapped win handed to them by a bunch of wimp losers led by a fraidy cat, Caldwell. Rex Ryan himself said a press conference after their last loss that they were not very good and had been eliminated. How come I know this and you, a homey do not? The therefore is summing up the totality of your statements regarding their (Jets) losing games in dumb, unable to close fashion. What is unclear about I don't want them? Who wants these bozos in the playoffs, except perhaps a team wanting a guaranteed advance to the next round by being matched against a sorry team?
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 03:213 edits
    That's because you're an obvious Jets homey and are blind to the fact that they beat an understrength Colts who threw in the towel. Are you proud of your team? That's backing in to the playoffs with the worst gift wrapped win handed to them by a bunch of wimp losers led by a fraidy cat, Caldwell. Rex Ryan himself said a press conference after their las a team wanting a guaranteed advance to the next round by being matched against a sorry team?
    Oh; you meant that Ryan comment? Come on; every coach gets despondent like that after a bad loss. Ryan didn't say anything more than most coaches say in that situation.

The Jets lost one game on a bogus illegal motion penalty and another on a bogus holding penalty. If they'd have won those 2 games and lost the Indy game, then they'd be 4-2 in the division, 9-6 over-all and would be in the playoffs with a win on Sunday as well. And they lost a third game on 3 botched field goal attempts including one miss where a gale pushed the ball wide. They have the leagues #1 ranked defense and #1 ranked rushing attack. There's also no guarantee they would have lost last week had Manning stayed in. It was only 15-10 and the Jets ran up a zillion rushing yards in the second half.

So, do I think they Jets DESERVE to be a playoff team if they win in Sunday? Hell yes! No team in NFL history has had the #1 defense and #1 rushing game and NOT made the playoffs.

If you think the Jets are a sorry team, you know nothing about football. If they'd have a medium level quarterback, they'd be a Super Bowl contender. They have a rookie QB who's had an awful year and that's why they're 8-7 and not 11-4 or better. They've lost every close game they've played and if you think close games are not sometimes decided by luck, you're not paying attention.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree