1. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 21:25
    As flavio Briatore steps down from the Renault team as Team Principal, it all now comes to light that Nelson Piquet was telling the truth all the time as Flavio ordered him to smash his car up in order for Alonso to romp home to victory under a safetly car condition.

Talk about unbelievably low tactics, I know Renault havent the cars that can stand up to the McClarens or Ferrari's or even the Red Bulls but to CHEAT in an internationally followed sport is just unreal.

Im sure it wont be the first and it wont be the last.
  2. In your face
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 21:59
    Originally posted by rmacken
    As flavio Briatore steps down from the Renault team as Team Principal, it all now comes to light that Nelson Piquet was telling the truth all the time as Flavio ordered him to smash his car up in order for Alonso to romp home to victory under a safetly car condition.

Talk about unbelievably low tactics, I know Renault havent the cars that can stand up to ...[text shortened]... onally followed sport is just unreal.

Im sure it wont be the first and it wont be the last.
    Where there's money, there's corruption I'm afraid :o(

As for people cheating in 'an internationally followed sport', well people have been cheating in sports for years.
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 22:23
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Where there's money, there's corruption I'm afraid :o(

As for people cheating in 'an internationally followed sport', well people have been cheating in sports for years.
    Cheating is one thing , but rigging a result like this is bad.

This is very different though. Imagine if a wheel had flown off into the crowd or on to another driver and killed them. Would it be grounds for a law suit? It wasn't just cheating it was dangerous and immoral , that's what makes it worse than anything in a long time.

Think back to Ben Jonhson and the 100 metres final. The worst he did was damage his OWN body maybe. This Renault thing is a complete disgrace. I reckon Pat Symonds is shaking his head wondering how he ever agreed to such a silly idea.

Madness!
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 23:31
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Cheating is one thing , but rigging a result like this is bad.

This is very different though. Imagine if a wheel had flown off into the crowd or on to another driver and killed them. Would it be grounds for a law suit? It wasn't just cheating it was dangerous and immoral , that's what makes it worse than anything in a long time.

Think back to ...[text shortened]... at Symonds is shaking his head wondering how he ever agreed to such a silly idea.

Madness!
    And you believe he would have owned up if someone had been injured/killed by his crashin DOH !!

Every sport is corrupted simply because of greed/money
    Even amateur sports try to tip things in their favour - always been & always will be
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Sep '09 03:33
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    And you believe he would have owned up if someone had been injured/killed by his crashin DOH !!

Every sport is corrupted simply because of greed/money
    Even amateur sports try to tip things in their favour - always been & always will be
    yes i am afraid to say Mctayto is 100% correct. Anyone who things Sport is honest is living a lie.

From sunday league teams fielding un registared players to highy paid super stars facking blood injure/crashing cars or diving to get penalties- its the way sport is, and has always been.

We just notice it more now because of wider TV and media coverage- that all

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree