1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 08:07
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Believe the presence or absence of leadership (with vision and season to season continuity)

gets reflected routinely in team performance. Maxim stills holds true, "As above, below".

mmm, myopic short term thinking. They gotta be paying the contracts of three coaches i reckon, two at least.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 08:34
    Ok fantasy football question. I have Maurice Jones-Drew and Mike Tolbert and only one spot, who do i pick?
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 15:29
    Originally posted by trev33
    Ok fantasy football question. I have Maurice Jones-Drew and Mike Tolbert and only one spot, who do i pick?
    Jones-Drew......without question
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 15:42
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Jones-Drew......without question
    That's what i thought last week and Mike goes and picks up 3 TDs and more than double the amount of points Jones did. SD are playing NE this week though so can't see him doing it again.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 16:26
    That's what i thought last week and Mike goes and picks up 3 TDs and more than double the amount of points Jones did. SD are playing NE this week though so can't see him doing it again.
    You can't anticipate the the rarities.

Did anyone have Cam Newton last week??? NO

Brady's week won't be as good either.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 16:43
    You can't anticipate the the rarities.

Did anyone have Cam Newton last week??? NO

Brady's week won't be as good either.
    True, Mike was doing the business last year as well though... i remember because i had the biggest hyped up flop in NFL history Ryan Mathews in my team sucking it on the bench.

Know any good wide receivers that might not be picked up yet in a 12 team league? The rest of my team is looking ok but the wide receivers all suck monkey balls, well apart from Miles Austin, he looks alright.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 17:13
    Also if you had to choose between Houston, Oakland, Washington, Buffalo, Dallas, San Diego, Indy, Denver, Tampa Bay and Cincinnati for a defense who would you pick?

Yeah my defense sucks as well.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 20:19
    Also if you had to choose between Houston, Oakland, Washington, Buffalo, Dallas, San Diego, Indy, Denver, Tampa Bay and Cincinnati for a defense who would you pick?

Yeah my defense sucks as well.
    Houston is the best of that bunch on defense. They are going to surprise a bunch of people this year I think.

Without knowing what receivers are gone, it is tough to throw names out there.

Jacoby Jones with Houston is a really good sleeper pick.
    If Owen Daniels is available, he will be gold at TE too.
    Both on Houston.

On your wide outs, stick to starters and #3 guys on teams that throw a lot.
    Look at receivers on Detroit, Atlanta, Houston, SD, GB, etc.... You get the drift.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 20:52
    Houston is the best of that bunch on defense. They are going to surprise a bunch of people this year I think.

Without knowing what receivers are gone, it is tough to throw names out there.

Jacoby Jones with Houston is a really good sleeper pick.
    If Owen Daniels is available, he will be gold at TE too.
    Both on Houston.

On your wide outs, stick ...[text shortened]... throw a lot.
    Look at receivers on Detroit, Atlanta, Houston, SD, GB, etc.... You get the drift.
    Funny i had already picked Houston, was given SD by the auto draft but didn't fancy them.

Just checked and those two guys are already gone, have a good TE in Aaron Hernandez though, with Jermichael Finley as backup.

I'll see if anyone pops up with good stats after week 2 and take a chance. Finished top of the league last year but sucked out in the first round of the playoffs, want to go one better this season but i don't think my team is as good. I need Detroit to have a good season, Matthew Stafford is my QB.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 22:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

mmm, myopic short term thinking. They gotta be paying the contracts of three coaches i reckon, two at least.
    Neither contractual matters nor franchise financial health are the issues.

Leadership has always been a rare quality in any field and it ain't free.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 18:44
    Funny i had already picked Houston, was given SD by the auto draft but didn't fancy them.

Just checked and those two guys are already gone, have a good TE in Aaron Hernandez though, with Jermichael Finley as backup.

I'll see if anyone pops up with good stats after week 2 and take a chance. Finished top of the league last year but sucked out in the fir ...[text shortened]... 't think my team is as good. I need Detroit to have a good season, Matthew Stafford is my QB.
    Finley is your better TE for what that is worth.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 19:55
    Finley is your better TE for what that is worth.
    I might be wrong but i think over the season Aaron will pick up more points, Brady does like his TE's.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 15:19
    I might be wrong but i think over the season Aaron will pick up more points, Brady does like his TE's.
    Brady's sexual preferences should not have any bearing on who you play on your fantasy team. 😉
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 15:371 edit
    Good Luck to all die-hard NFL Fans in Week #2.

😏
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 16:10
    Brady's sexual preferences should not have any bearing on who you play on your fantasy team. 😉
    LOL!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree