Originally posted by FMF
    Canada 131 v U.S.A. 121/9 (20/20 overs)

Canada won by 10 runs
    Take it to the ex-pat forum spanky 😛
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 00:01
    this is news? the two best test playing nations are going head-to-head at the moment for the no. 1 spot and THIS is 'news'????????????
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 13:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Canada 131 v U.S.A. 121/9 (20/20 overs)

Canada won by 10 runs
    Only ten? Poor show for an ODI-status team. Next thing you know they won't even be able to beat our Dutch team any more.

Richard
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 13:02
    Originally posted by trev33
    this is news? the two best test playing nations are going head-to-head at the moment for the no. 1 spot and THIS is 'news'????????????
    I suspect there would be more cricket news if Auntie had had the good taste to buy the cricket rights instead of those for the Vettel Theatre. For one, I'd have been able to watch it - over here, I can get BBC 1&2 but not British commercial channels, so no cricket for me 🙁.

Richard
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 09:44
    the two best test playing nations are going head-to-head
    South Africa is not currently playing.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 13:42
    Originally posted by Crowley
    South Africa is not currently playing.
    i'm aware.
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 15:01
    i'm aware.
    So you're not aware that England are ranked 3rd now?

Anyway, good win for the English. I did not give them a chance against India.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 17:07
    So you're not aware that England are ranked 3rd now?

Anyway, good win for the English. I did not give them a chance against India.
    i know they're ranked third, doesn't mean they're not one of the top 2 best sides though. had there been less rain in the sri lanka series they would be ranked second. id expect them to be ranked first after this india series, weather permitting of course...

when do they play sa next?
  10. Joined
    21 Jun '11
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 07:41
    SriLanka-Australia series is coming up next.Don't know about SA.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 09:17
    United Arab Emirates 73/4 (28.0 ov)
    v Kenya
    Lunch - Day 1

United Arab Emirates won the toss and elected to bat

ICC Intercontinental Cup, 2011-2013
    First-class match
    Played at Gymkhana Club Ground, Nairobi
    28,29,30,31 July 2011 (4-day match)

I must admit, I was somewhat surprised to see that this is a first-class match.
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 10:46
    i know they're ranked third, doesn't mean they're not one of the top 2 best sides though. had there been less rain in the sri lanka series they would be ranked second. id expect them to be ranked first after this india series, weather permitting of course...

when do they play sa next?
    LOL It actually means they are definitely one of the top 3 sides in the world now.

Anyway, the English side does look good though, with lots of backup, especially in the bowling department. The four front-line bowlers are all hitting their straps, with Bresnan, Onions and Finn (I believe?) on the sidelines, all quality bowlers.
    Cook, Strauss and Trott are looking very solid, the middle order good with the likes of Pietersen, Morgan and Prior who can take the game away from you. Throw Bell in there with Swann and Broad who are decent all-rounders and you have a very, very solid unit.

India are not looking great. Their players, while experienced, just seem old and slow.
    Tendulkar looks like he just wants that 100 so he can retire, Laxman and Dravid are getting to the end of their careers. Zaheer's body is getting creaky and Harbhajan needs to bowl on a gravel road or he is useless. Raina is not a test player - he still can't handle pace coming at his head.
    Who's left? There's just not enough raw new talent coming through for India now. They seem to be in the same position Australia was in 3 years ago. A quality, experienced side, but getting a little old and a lot of guys are going to be hanging up their spiked boots in the near future.

No idea. I think SA is playing Aus and SL next.
  13. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 11:17
    SA play Australia next, in November! Long time away.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 00:07
    LOL It actually means they are definitely one of the top 3 sides in the world now.

Anyway, the English side does look good though, with lots of backup, especially in the bowling department. The four front-line bowlers are all hitting their straps, with Bresnan, Onions and Finn (I believe?) on the sidelines, all quality bowlers.
    Cook, Strauss and Trott ...[text shortened]... heir spiked boots in the near future.

No idea. I think SA is playing Aus and SL next.
    no, it's means that they're ranked in the top 3... ranking does not reflect the currant ability of a team. look at the fifa football rankings, admittedly it's a bad comparison, the whole fifa ranking system being flawed althrough the basic principle remains. you basically said in your post that england are currently in better shape in terms of squad/player strength when compared with india.

tbh i haven't watched sa that much in test cricket recently to compare then with either england or india. so my original 'two best test playing nations' competing against each other might be wrong, england is certainly currently one of them though.

i'm not 100% convinced with morgan as a test player yet, 1 day or 20/20 excellent, not so sure he has the patience for the 5 day game though.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 14:38
    U.A.E. 213
    & 439/8d

Saqib Ali 153
    Amjad Javed 140
    Khurram Khan 113 n.o.

Kenya 219
    & 76/4

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree