1. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 02:55
    I've never been a NASCAR fan but I'll be watching Danica Patrick hopefully make history this Sunday at the Daytona 500.

GO, DANICA!
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 20:35
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    I've never been a NASCAR fan but I'll be watching Danica Patrick hopefully make history this Sunday at the Daytona 500.

GO, DANICA!
    Well did she win?
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 22:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well did she win?
    No, she finished 8th, but she raced very well and made no real mistakes except her
    gaffe in the final lap where she fell from 3rd to 8th.

She should have tried to pass low with Dale Earnhart pushing her with two laps to go.
    I am sure she is thinking the same thing now. Of course, she was more worried about
    getting slammed if she tried to pass, which is why she drove very conservatively on
    Sunday. I think she will be more aggressive the next time out.

She did accomplish two things this weekend though. She was the first female polesitter
    and she was the first female to be the leader of the Daytona 500 while the green flag
    was out, and she held that lead for 3 laps. Overall, I think she handled herself pretty
    well.
  4. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 06:161 edit
    She also lost ground during her pit stops when she spun her tires leaving. All in all a solid performance though
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 17:38
    She also lost ground during her pit stops when she spun her tires leaving. All in all a solid performance though
    http://www.amazon.com/NASCAR-Daytona-Race-Game-Board/dp/B000XYUQKM

I grow up playing this game with my neighbor friends.
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 18:33

GO, DANICA!
    Pretty lady. A bit of a snob though.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 00:00
    Originally posted by bill718
    Pretty lady. A bit of a snob though.
    She wasn't a snob to me, in fact she was quite cordial and agreeable to my requests.

Have you actually met her, or are you making this statement from your perception of
    her on television?

Many top flight athletes have a swagger or aloofness that can be perceived as a snob
    I suppose, but I prefer to see how they handle my personal meetings with them.

Like last week, I met Drew Brees and while he was not unpleasant, he wasn't overly
    cordial.

Ricky Williams was very polite but was not very cooperative with requests.

Walt Garrison was an absolute prince. Very down to earth and one of the nicest
    people I have met.

The same is true of Bob Lilly and Chuck Howley, who I have met on several occasions.

Cat Osterman was extremely polite and courteous and very receptive. She is also
    quite good looking.

There are many more I have met over the years that were very nice and down to earth,
    such as Pete Rose, Stan Musial, Duke Snider, Harmon Killebrew, Earl Campbell,
    Ernie Banks, Brooks Robinson, Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio and Steve Carlton.

Then there are the real pricks like Johnny Bench, Willie Mays, Emmitt Smith to name a few.

There are also several in betweens.

In my meetings with Danica Patrick, she has always been very nice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree