1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 23:40
    This guy has GOT to go! I watched the first inning of the Sox game last night and SHUT IT OFF in disgust!

P-
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    12 Oct '08 17:55
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    This guy has GOT to go! I watched the first inning of the Sox game last night and SHUT IT OFF in disgust!

P-
    He was on his way to a no hitter last time out. Still want to get rid of him?
  3. SubscriberSmookiePonline
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    13 Oct '08 07:21

P-
    😞
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    15 Oct '08 21:05

P-
    INSTANT REPLAY!!!

He's still going, and going, and going......
  5. Joined
    13 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 17:55
    Originally posted by badmoon
    He was on his way to a no hitter last time out. Still want to get rid of him?
    Considering that even if he pitched a no hitter, he'd still give up like six walks, I think getting rid of him would probably be a good move.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 18:01
    Originally posted by Arachnarchist
    Considering that even if he pitched a no hitter, he'd still give up like six walks, I think getting rid of him would probably be a good move.
    An interesting stat regarding Dice-K would be to see how many of those walks actually end up scoring compared to the league average. I know as runners get further into scoring position, Dice-K seems to get stronger.
  7. Joined
    13 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 18:20
    Originally posted by darvlay
    An interesting stat regarding Dice-K would be to see how many of those walks actually end up scoring compared to the league average. I know as runners get further into scoring position, Dice-K seems to get stronger.
    Frankly, that's not something I would not in a starting pitcher, reliever maybe, but not a starter.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 18:47
    Frankly, that's not something I would not in a starting pitcher, reliever maybe, but not a starter.
    I agree. Just thought it would be interesting. Kinda like those closers who always put the first runner on and turn every save into a roller-coaster ride - they can be "effective" but who the hell would want that?
  9. Joined
    13 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 18:50
    I agree. Just thought it would be interesting. Kinda like those closers who always put the first runner on and turn every save into a roller-coaster ride - they can be "effective" but who the hell would want that?
    Tell me about it. I'm an Indians fan and I hated Joe Borowski closing back in 2007.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 18:54
    Walks are sometimes overrated. There were many times I would nibble at the corners or try and get a great hitter to hit my pitch while willing to walk them if needed in certain situations. I like the strategy better than just giving him 4 balls for an intentional walk. At least you have a chance of something good happening. Now if the walks are due to wildness, they will usually come in bunches, and that is more of a telling factor to me.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 18:55
    Tell me about it. I'm an Indians fan and I hated Joe Borowski closing back in 2007.
    Can you say Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams???
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 19:28
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Can you say Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams???
    My favourite pitcher. I'll never forget the home run Joltin' Joe hit off him in '93. Touch 'em all, Joe!
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 19:55
    My favourite pitcher. I'll never forget the home run Joltin' Joe hit off him in '93. Touch 'em all, Joe!
    Thought you might like that one. Toronto had a fantastic OF group in those days. Jesse Barfield lives in Houston these days. He is a really good guy and what a rocket he had. Not sure whatever happened to George Bell and Lloyd Moseby. Joe Carter was underrated as a player in my opinion as well.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 20:211 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Thought you might like that one. Toronto had a fantastic OF group in those days. Jesse Barfield lives in Houston these days. He is a really good guy and what a rocket he had. Not sure whatever happened to George Bell and Lloyd Moseby. Joe Carter was underrated as a player in my opinion as well.
    Actually the '93 outfield group was comprised of Devon White, Joe Carter and a platoon of minor role players, then Rickey Henderson after the trading deadline.

Bell, Barfield and Moseby were in the eighties.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 22:25
    Actually the '93 outfield group was comprised of Devon White, Joe Carter and a platoon of minor role players, then Rickey Henderson after the trading deadline.

Bell, Barfield and Moseby were in the eighties.
    Sure, but I meant Toronto was an All Star OF academy for several years. And didn't Joe Carter actually play some 1B as well?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree