Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 16 Jun '10 20:38
    Diego-woah ohh ohh,
    Diego-whoah ohh ohh,
    He came from Uruguay,
    and made the Bafana Bafana cry

    Diego-woah ohh ohh
  2. 16 Jun '10 20:45
    Originally posted by trev33
    Diego-woah ohh ohh,
    Diego-whoah ohh ohh,
    He came from Uruguay,
    and made the Bafana Bafana cry

    Diego-woah ohh ohh


    Great first goal, but my favourite part was how quiet the stadium went.
  3. Standard member orion25
    Art is hard
    16 Jun '10 20:53
    I don't think it was a penalty. Its a filthy dive, and he had done it before.
  4. 16 Jun '10 21:01
    Originally posted by orion25
    I don't think it was a penalty. Its a filthy dive, and he had done it before.
    you must have missed the clear contact on his foot then.

    pen for sure, red card? meh, maybe.
  5. 16 Jun '10 21:02
    Originally posted by trev33
    you must have missed the clear contact on his foot then.

    pen for sure, red card? meh, maybe.
    It feels dirty when I agree with you.
  6. 16 Jun '10 21:16
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    It feels dirty when I agree with you.
    just aslong as you're not touching yourself...
  7. 16 Jun '10 21:37
    Was a pen but ball going away from goal, a yellow would have done.

    The crap thing about a keeper going is an outfield player who has done
    nothing wrong is forced to leave the field.

    Had £2.00 on Uraguay winning 2-0 at 9-1. Gutted by the third goal.
  8. 16 Jun '10 21:40
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    The crap thing about a keeper going is an outfield player who has done
    nothing wrong is forced to leave the field.

    you think he should go in goal instead of coming off for the goalkeeper?
  9. 16 Jun '10 22:08
    I know it's part of the game but you got to feel for the
    outfield player.

    It's not a tactical swap, it's a straight forward decision.

    We have to lose a man.
    You are our worse player, off you go.

    Then I think how much money the guy is getting compared to what
    I earn and I stop feeling sorry for him.
  10. 03 Jul '10 08:37
    Diego-woah ohh ohh,
    Diego-whoah ohh ohh,
    He came from Uruguay,
    and made the BaGhana BaGhana cry

    Diego-woah ohh ohh

  11. 03 Jul '10 13:18
    Best direct free kick in this World Cup so far in the Ghana game. That Jabulani does whatever he tells it to.
  12. Standard member Lundos
    Back to basics
    03 Jul '10 13:24
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Best direct free kick in this World Cup so far in the Ghana game. That Jabulani does whatever he tells it to.
    I think the second Japan one against Denmark was better. Forlan is taking so many shots at the goal that some of them are bound to hit the target.
  13. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    03 Jul '10 13:29
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Best direct free kick in this World Cup so far in the Ghana game. That Jabulani does whatever he tells it to.
    Meh, the Jabulani just does whatever it wants. Even Forlan said you just hit it hard and let it do its turns.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SMROjtfBDc
  14. 03 Jul '10 13:59
    Originally posted by Lundos
    I think the second Japan one against Denmark was better. Forlan is taking so many shots at the goal that some of them are bound to hit the target.
    Yes, that was a fantastic goal, but I wouldn't say it was better for two reasons:

    Denmark didn't set their wall up properly
    It was close to the goal and Denmark didn't set their wall up properly.
  15. 03 Jul '10 13:59
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Meh, the Jabulani just does whatever it wants. Even Forlan said you just hit it hard and let it do its turns.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SMROjtfBDc
    Words of a humble hero.