1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    14 Jul '10 12:22
    Or did the national league just win a All Star game. That has not happened since 1996. So what were you doing in 1996?

    Its a good thing George Steinbrenner did not see it happen.

    😵
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Fort Lauderdale
    Joined
    17 Aug '06
    Moves
    119668
    15 Jul '10 05:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    Or did the national league just win a All Star game. That has not happened since 1996. So what were you doing in 1996?

    Its a good thing George Steinbrenner did not see it happen.

    😵
    Yea, it'll be strange but whoever plays Los Janquis in the WS this year will have home-field advantage...

    Will it make a difference?
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    53327
    15 Jul '10 12:34
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Yea, it'll be strange but whoever plays Los Janquis in the WS this year will have home-field advantage...

    Will it make a difference?
    I'm a Yankee fan but as much as I would like it to me true the idea that the Yankees are going to the World Series is far from conclusive. They play in toughest division in baseball so winning the division or the wild card is not a foregone conclusion. Then are two rounds of the playoffs with excellent teams. Texas just added Cliff Lee (perhaps the best AL pitcher) to go with their hitting (perhaps the best in the AL)
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    15 Jul '10 13:461 edit
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Yea, it'll be strange but whoever plays Los Janquis in the WS this year will have home-field advantage...

    Will it make a difference?
    Game 7 - Great American Ballpark - with Whodey in the front row seats directly behind homeplate? The Yankees won't stand a chance.

    Yes. It will make a difference.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Jul '10 13:18
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I'm a Yankee fan but as much as I would like it to me true the idea that the Yankees are going to the World Series is far from conclusive. They play in toughest division in baseball so winning the division or the wild card is not a foregone conclusion. Then are two rounds of the playoffs with excellent teams. Texas just added Cliff Lee (perhaps the best AL pitcher) to go with their hitting (perhaps the best in the AL)
    All I can say is that I am hanging off the edge of my seat to see if your Yankees can win yet another World Series, like I was last year, and the year before, and the year before and the year before that.....
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    16 Jul '10 13:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    All I can say is that I am hanging off the edge of my seat to see if your Yankees can win yet another World Series, like I was last year, and the year before, and the year before and the year before that.....
    Just don't fall off that seat. You don't want to embarass yourself since all those world series cameras are focused behind home plate.
Back to Top