1. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 02:35
    Was anybody paying attention during the Packer game, when they cut to show the Viking game highlight. The person said it was a real dog fight in the dome. Was he not aware of the problems the NFL had associated with that subject? Is the NFL trying to soften the public?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 15:30
    Yeah dog fighting is the most terrible thing in the whole world. You should never compare football to dog fighting. I mean in football you only get concussions, tear tendons that take 18 months to repair and sometimes get paralized (but that's overrated because some of those people learn to walk again) . They should have said it was a real war and showed people getting killed in Iraq. Then when somone complains on the sideline they shoudl ask whether he is a cancer in the clubhouse and show a picture of people with cancer. Its football... does it really matter the words the announcer uses?
  3. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 15:48
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    Yeah dog fighting is the most terrible thing in the whole world. You should never compare football to dog fighting. I mean in football you only get concussions, tear tendons that take 18 months to repair and sometimes get paralized (but that's overrated because some of those people learn to walk again) . They should have said it was a real war ...[text shortened]... re of people with cancer. Its football... does it really matter the words the announcer uses?
    My thoughts are that the NFL would be distancing itself from comparisons of that nature. That is the question I raised. I am catching a condescending tone in you remark. Yes we can all find things worse than the last thing mentioned but that doesn't justify it. If that was the case we couldn't punish criminals because all a barrister would have to do is find a more heinous crime, and poof the lesser crime is ok by default. Next time stick to the question.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 16:11
    I don't think it was orchistrated. I think the comment was just a very poor way of expressing that it was a hard fought game. Obviously Vick should be punished but I do fing the outrage toward Vick and the wilfull ignoring of other more serious criminals completely illogical and as such a pretext for other hateful feelings many have (like an African American should expect to pair dearly if he dare be a #1 draft pick and a quarter back).
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 16:42
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Was anybody paying attention during the Packer game, when they cut to show the Viking game highlight. The person said it was a real dog fight in the dome. Was he not aware of the problems the NFL had associated with that subject? Is the NFL trying to soften the public?
    Soften the public?

How? just by saying dog fight on tv?

"Oh, he said this game is a dog fight. Therefore I don't think what Vickyboy did was wrong"

Is that how you see it?
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 16:451 edit
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    It's a figure of speech.
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 17:23
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It's a figure of speech.
    Maybe he was referring to airplane fight
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 19:11
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    I don't think it was orchistrated. I think the comment was just a very poor way of expressing that it was a hard fought game. Obviously Vick should be punished but I do fing the outrage toward Vick and the wilfull ignoring of other more serious criminals completely illogical and as such a pretext for other hateful feelings many have (like an African American should expect to pair dearly if he dare be a #1 draft pick and a quarter back).
    excellant post!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree