Subscriberinvigorate
Sports 13 Feb '08 10:35
  1. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 10:35
    Has anyone any sympathy for the guy?

He has served his time - its just attiudes in the last 3 years have hardend against the cheats.

Should he walk away or just hang around where he is not wanted?
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 12:58
    I think general apathy is taking over. The sport is so filthy with drug cheats at the top level, most spectators are drifting away to other arenas.

The argument seems to be around a number of factors but the crucial one for me is do the gains made through a drug taking programme stick around beyond the end of the ban? If so, then life bans are in order, and any future achivement by DC as he's not subject to this is open to a level of doubt.

In the current situation though the rules have to be followed, so he should rightly stick around.

UKA need to sort out the rules for the future, and also to stop being so hypocritical via the lack of a fuss over picking our shot-putter who has served a ban for a failed drug test previously, and employing the likes of Linford Christie who also failed a drugs test.
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 19:341 edit
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Has anyone any sympathy for the guy?

He has served his time - its just attiudes in the last 3 years have hardend against the cheats.

Should he walk away or just hang around where he is not wanted?
    should web be blaming dwain or is the rules at fault here?

Suruly he is just using the rules.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree