1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 22:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Bayern Munich has ten German nationals in its squad as of last year - best team in Europe! best and most exciting team to watch in world cup - Germany! horsed England, horsed Argentina, got phased by Spain, but were a better team, should have won it. German football is light years ahead.
    From my point of view, it's tragic. Germany has finally learned to play Dutch-style total football, and are all the better, more watchable, and even much more sympathetic as a result - and at the same time, the Dutch team have regressed to what used to be a typically German style of play, and everybody, many Dutchmen included (and yes, I'm one of those), hate them as a result. (And don't f#&*#$(^@ing get me started on Nigel de Jong - that post will be pulled.)

Richard
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 22:14
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    From my point of view, it's tragic. Germany has finally learned to play Dutch-style total football, and are all the better, more watchable, and even much more sympathetic as a result - and at the same time, the Dutch team have regressed to what used to be a typically German style of play, and everybody, many Dutchmen included (and yes, I'm one of those) ...[text shortened]... t f#&*#$(^@ing get me started on Nigel de Jong - that post will be pulled.)

Richard
    Much more sympathetic, Lol, rather than clinical i think you mean? Germany are just awesome, unselfish play with flair and precision. How much this has to do with Dutch influence i do not know but i do not rule out its possibility, since Lahm, Podolski, Gomez, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Muller and Butt all play under a Dutch manager. Ozil was just awesome against Turkey!
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 11:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Much more sympathetic, Lol, rather than clinical i think you mean? Germany are just awesome, unselfish play with flair and precision. How much this has to do with Dutch influence i do not know but i do not rule out its possibility, since Lahm, Podolski, Gomez, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Muller and Butt all play under a Dutch manager. Ozil was just awesome against Turkey!
    Yeah, something like that is what I meant. The way the German team plays under Löw, they're actually likable. And, unlike a generation ago, they even mostly behave themselves on the pitch.
    I must say, though, the Dutch team's play in yesterday's match was much more like it. Getting De Jong off the pitch obviously had a positive effect in more ways than one. If they continue like this, I might start liking them again.

Richard
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 12:06
    how about that 6th best team in the world yesterday?

1-1 against the states. 0-0 vs. algeria, 1-4 germany and now a 0-0 at home to monteWHO?gro in 4 of england's last 7 competitive matches. form of a top 10 in the world team? no. now give it a rest and accept your mediocrity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree