1. Joined
    28 Apr '07
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 12:29
    Hi are there any other horse enthusiasts here? I really enjoy show jumping dressage and eventing. I have my own horse on which I compete in dressage and showjumping at local shows. I would like to do eventing but I'm not that brave and would be gutted if my horse got injured.
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 12:36
    borrow another horse for eventing? then it won't matter if it gets hurt and ends up in the chum factory... just think of all the cats and dogs that'll be getting fed well thanks to your step into the world of eventing - a positive step, wouldn't you agree?
  3. Joined
    28 Apr '07
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 12:40
    That still doesn't take away from the fact that I might get hurt. I think more people die doing eventing than any other sport.
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 12:51
    True... the chum factory wouldn't take you if you got hurt.

Still, the BMA want to ban cage fighting, and not eventing, so it can't be that dangerous in comparison.
  5. Joined
    28 Apr '07
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 13:57
    I think statistically eventing is one of the most dangerous sports there is. In the past 25 years in Britain alone there have been 23 rider deaths.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree