So who are Ireland going to lose to this time? 😞
    Montenegro
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 11:56
    Originally posted by infomast
    Montenegro
    Possible after we were seeded, not sure how that happened but i'll take it to avoid Portugal and Croatia.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 22:10
    Portugal. Penalty called on a dive by Nani.
  5. Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Oct '11 22:12
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Possible after we were seeded, not sure how that happened but i'll take it to avoid Portugal and Croatia.
    Obviously, Estonia would be anyone's choice. Otherwise, there are no easy opponents for Ireland. But, they did manage to go through high-scoring Armenia, so perhaps it's a destiny.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 14:51
    Originally posted by infomast
    Obviously, Estonia would be anyone's choice. Otherwise, there are no easy opponents for Ireland. But, they did manage to go through high-scoring Armenia, so perhaps it's a destiny.
    We were lucky against Armenia, even with 10 men they were outplaying us. 4 matches in the group we were completely outplayed but still managed to get 5 points out of them... how we got that point in Russia i will never know.

Good draw, i would've taken Estonia or Montenegro. Portugal/Bosnia is going to be fun.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 23:11
    Portugal/Bosnia is going to be fun.
    2010 all over again.
  8. Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 13:35
    We were lucky against Armenia, even with 10 men they were outplaying us. 4 matches in the group we were completely outplayed but still managed to get 5 points out of them... how we got that point in Russia i will never know.

Good draw, i would've taken Estonia or Montenegro. Portugal/Bosnia is going to be fun.
    Estonia as an opponent and playing second leg at home - the best possible outcome for Ireland. Estonia never had a team in the top division in Soviet times. (Contrast with Armenia that was always represented by one team which even became a champion once).
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 22:04
    😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
  10. England
    Moves
    16 Nov '11 14:301 edit
    So who are Ireland going to lose to this time? 😞
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 15:56
    😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
    Will Stokes get a game for the Republic?
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 02:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Will Stokes get a game for the Republic?
    Well you've got Long, Keane and Doyle who are all similar so no, I can't see Stokes making the squad. Walters or Cox will be the forth forward... probably Walters.

Trap doesn't pick the best players, he picks the ones that he can mold into his way of playing. Makes our matches pretty boring but you won't find many Irish people complaining after reaching our first major champs in 10 years.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 07:37
    Well you've got Long, Keane and Doyle who are all similar so no, I can't see Stokes making the squad. Walters or Cox will be the forth forward... probably Walters.

Trap doesn't pick the best players, he picks the ones that he can mold into his way of playing. Makes our matches pretty boring but you won't find many Irish people complaining after reaching our first major champs in 10 years.
    unbelievable, the form the guy has been showing, I dunno., Hes a great player, deadly
    finisher, Keano is getting on now for sure. Looks like my loyalties lie with the republic again. 🙂
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 09:55
    who will stop Germany?
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 15:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    unbelievable, the form the guy has been showing, I dunno., Hes a great player, deadly
    finisher, Keano is getting on now for sure. Looks like my loyalties lie with the republic again. 🙂
    Bring on England 😀

Stokes needs to play in the PL to have a shot at the republic team... Keane will retire in 2 years, he should get a look in after that. Long should be starting ahead of Doyle imo.

A lot depends on the draw at these Euros, Poland, Ukraine, Spain and Holland all seeded, hardly balanced.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree