Famous American Athletes

Famous American Athletes

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
19 Jul 07

Originally posted by darvlay
If there was a way to prove that "most of the world" didn't recognize half of those names, I would take the bet in a second but then again you wouldn't have offered it either.
your father...

Moses
Didrickson
Griffith-Joyner
Joyner-Kersee
Fosbury
Louganis

d

Moves
19 Jul 07

Originally posted by Red Night
your father...

Moses
Didrickson
Griffith-Joyner
Joyner-Kersee
Fosbury
Louganis
Oh that! What are the stakes?

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
19 Jul 07

Bonds
androstenediol
methyltestosterone
androstenedione
nandrolone
boldenone
norandrostenediol
clostebol
norandrostenedione
dehydrochlormethyl-testosterone
norethandrolone
oxandrolone
dehydroepiandro-sterone
oxymesterone
oxymetholone
dihydrotestosterone
stanozolol
testosterone2
dromostanolone
tetrahydrogestrinone (THG)
epitrenbolone
trenbolone
fluoxymesterone

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
19 Jul 07

Oh that! What are the stakes?
what do you want? also what kind of condition is your father in and what does he/ did he do for a living?

d

Moves
19 Jul 07

what do you want? also what kind of condition is your father in and what does he/ did he do for a living?
You make the stakes. Then take the bet. Chicken.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
19 Jul 07

You make the stakes. Then take the bet. Chicken.
I'm not chicken...I just want to make sure he doesn't have alzheimers or something.

d

Moves
19 Jul 07

I'm not chicken...I just want to make sure he doesn't have alzheimers or something.
He has all his faculties. It is his 52nd birthday on Monday and I will be seeing him next week sometime. I will take the exact list and ask him to circle the ones he knows and supply their first name (or nickname, in Babe's case). If he gets half or more right, then you win the wager. I will even scan the sheet and put a copy on imageshack with his signature as proof.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
19 Jul 07

He has all his faculties. It is his 52nd birthday on Monday and I will be seeing him next week sometime. I will take the exact list and ask him to circle the ones he knows and supply their first name (or nickname, in Babe's case). If he gets half or more right, then you win the wager. I will even scan the sheet and put a copy on imageshack with his signature as proof.
I'll take your word for it..but I would like you to take the first list and add the first names or nick names.

I looked the list over and names like
Sugar Ray Robinson
Sugar Ray Leonard
Arnold Palmer
Babe Ruth
Jesse Owens
Joe Louis (hell the red wings play in joe louis arena...that's a name that is as common as back bacon to our neighbors to the north.)
etc.
etc.
etc.

are going to be obvious even to non sports fans.

d

Moves
19 Jul 07
2 edits

I'll take your word for it..but I would like you to take the first list and add the first names or nick names.

I looked the list over and names like
Sugar Ray Robinson
Sugar Ray Leonard
Arnold Palmer
Babe Ruth
Jesse Owens
Joe Louis (hell the red wings play in joe louis arena...that's a name that is as common as back bacon to our neighbors to the north.)
etc.
etc.
etc.

are going to be obvious even to non sports fans.
So then should I ask him to verify by writing the sport the name is affiliated with instead? I will make this concession if you agree to raise the recognition rate to 66% - that's 18 names out of 27.

Also, what are the stakes? I suggest a 6 month moratorium from posting in the Sports forum.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
19 Jul 07

So then should I ask him to verify by writing the sport the name is affiliated with instead? I will make this concession if you agree to raise the recognition rate to 66% - that's 18 names out of 27.

Also, what are the stakes? I suggest a 6 month moratorium from posting in the Sports forum.
6 months is a long time...how about 1 month?

d

Moves
19 Jul 07

3 months.

d

Moves
19 Jul 07

He is a chicken.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
19 Jul 07

He is a chicken.
well..you have to admit that I'm risking more than you. this is the only forum I post in...6 months would be easy for you, you could do that standing on your head and posting in the belly button lint and ear wax threads over in General.

Me, I'd have to go to chess and join in the interminable debates on which was the better opening e4 or d4?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
19 Jul 07

You've been called out. Are you going to stand by your ridiculous post?

How about if I take the list and show it to my father? He doesn't really watch sports... I'm a pretty big sports fan and I only know 9 from your original list.

"Most people in the world would recognize at least half."
Ha!

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
19 Jul 07

Originally posted by Crowley
You've been called out. Are you going to stand by your ridiculous post?

How about if I take the list and show it to my father? He doesn't really watch sports... I'm a pretty big sports fan and I only know 9 from your original list.

"Most people in the world would recognize at least half."
Ha!
the bet was changed from 50% to 67%. I said half.

the fact that you wouldn't recognize the names is meaningless. sharpest, knife, drawer..put them in any order you like.

Do you have a generator out there on the veldt, or do you just get by without electricity.