FIFA in SA

Standard memberCeaser13
Sports 02 Mar '09 19:13
  1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    565
    02 Mar '09 19:13
    Hey how you guys all doing. The FIFA spirit is pumped up here in SA, especially with the Confeds. cup starting this year - 14 June 06, going to be awesome. Anyone planning to come for any of the matches?????
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10256
    02 Mar '09 19:34
    Originally posted by Ceaser13
    14 June 06
    nah i think i'm going to miss it, ah wait, yes in fact did.

    was it any good? who won?
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    565
    03 Mar '09 19:07
    Dude, its only the 3rd March, starting in 3 months!

    Wont miss if for the world man!!
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10256
    07 Mar '09 02:00
    Originally posted by Ceaser13
    Dude, its only the 3rd March, starting in 3 months!

    Wont miss if for the world man!!
    er, what?

    did ireland qualify?
  5. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Joined
    09 Jan '05
    Moves
    24454
    07 Mar '09 02:42
    Originally posted by trev33
    er, what?

    did ireland qualify?
    http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/standings/index.html

    Its the Inter-continental cup... continental champs only
    plus the current world champs.

    Europe is represented by Italy and Spain
    Africa has Egypt and Sth Africa
    Asia has Irag
    Nth and Central Am is USA
    Sth Am is Brasil
    Oceania is NZ

    It is an awesome world promotion for the game with an air of the Hong Kong Sevens or a F1 Grand Prix.. The chance for us lesser countries to see some of the big boys play even is Spain Italy and Brasil usually don't send all their big guns.. they are still held in awe.

    We did well in Sth America last time and hope to get at some good goals against much classier opposition. SA will run this brilliantly and will shine with the WC in 2010.

    Ireland did win their qualifier for the WC last month.. alas we wimped against Fiji. Aus beat Bahrain and would be fav to get to WC from down under again.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10256
    07 Mar '09 03:10
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/standings/index.html

    Its the Inter-continental cup... continental champs only
    plus the current world champs.

    Europe is represented by Italy and Spain
    Africa has Egypt and Sth Africa
    Asia has Irag
    Nth and Central Am is USA
    Sth Am is Brasil
    Oceania is NZ

    It is an awesome world promotion for the game with a ...[text shortened]... s we wimped against Fiji. Aus beat Bahrain and would be fav to get to WC from down under again.
    😵

    i know, i was just getting at him because of the date he stated. it seems we missed it by 3 years 😉

    the thing that i hope for in the 2010 world cup is that the locals are not priced out of going to games. what happened at the last cricket WC in the west indies was shocking.
  7. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Joined
    09 Jan '05
    Moves
    24454
    07 Mar '09 07:00
    Originally posted by trev33
    😵

    i know, i was just getting at him because of the date he stated. it seems we missed it by 3 years 😉

    the thing that i hope for in the 2010 world cup is that the locals are not priced out of going to games. what happened at the last cricket WC in the west indies was shocking.
    Lol I didn;t even spot that

    I could just do with a hol in SA few days in sun city, a safari and shark cage dip... of an watch the All Whites thrash Brasil while sipping marula liqueur and cointreaux on the rocks.. don't pinch me I don't want to wake up..
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    09 Mar '09 06:24
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    Lol I didn;t even spot that

    I could just do with a hol in SA few days in sun city, a safari and shark cage dip... of an watch the All Whites thrash Brasil while sipping marula liqueur and cointreaux on the rocks.. don't pinch me I don't want to wake up..
    Have you been here Dan?
  9. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Joined
    09 Jan '05
    Moves
    24454
    09 Mar '09 11:51
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Have you been here Dan?
    No.. wish I had.. drool over the travel docos and listen to stories of rugby mates that have been.

    Lots of SA's here..most of the rural vets and many school teachers in our district..and Doctors & nurses.
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    565
    10 Mar '09 02:59
    Oh yeah of course........lol.....sorry peeps, quick fingers....! 2010!
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    565
    10 Mar '09 03:02
    Yeah man, come on over! And we have some fine chicks here ;?)
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10256
    10 Mar '09 05:34
    Originally posted by Ceaser13
    Oh yeah of course........lol.....sorry peeps, quick fingers....! 2010!
    😛
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    10 Mar '09 21:31
    Not all South Africans are idiots, btw...
  14. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Joined
    09 Jan '05
    Moves
    24454
    10 Mar '09 23:38
    Originally posted by Ceaser13
    Yeah man, come on over! And we have some fine chicks here ;?)
    That's a huge plus too... and studs to watch for my wife. haha
Back to Top