1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 May '07 14:26
    over half of the 17,000 Club Wembley seats - purchased on a ten-year debenture - will be empty on Monday.

from: http://www.wba.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~1028914,00.html?ptvParm=

This is jaw dropping to read. The stadium could be sold out twice over, and yet there'll be empty seats amounting to almost 10% of capacity.

I feel for the Liverpool and Milan fans, 17,500 ticket allocation each (only 11,000 of Liverpools made it to the fans) for tonight. Also, for those suffering by missing the FA Cup Final last week due to small allocations.

I hope this gets resolved soon. Parliament should intervene with legislation to give football back to the people - i.e. the fans.
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    23 May '07 14:591 edit
    Originally posted by rhb
    [b]over half of the 17,000 Club Wembley seats - purchased on a ten-year debenture - will be empty on Monday.

from: http://www.wba.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~1028914,00.html?ptvParm=

This is jaw dropping to read. The stadium could be sold out twice over, and yet there'll be empty seats amounting to almost 10% of capacity.

I feel for the Liver ...[text shortened]... rliament should intervene with legislation to give football back to the people - i.e. the fans.[/b]
    Link doesn't work...

Plus if you try and manually navigate your way there you have to register ti the site just to read the story! You dastardly plan to recruit more WBA fans has been foiled!
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:18
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Link doesn't work...

Plus if you try and manually navigate your way there you have to register ti the site just to read the story! You dastardly plan to recruit more WBA fans has been foiled!
    I bet the dcfc site would've worked fine! Stupid Baggies!

Full article.

Baggies thwarted in bid to bag extra seats
    Posted on: Wed 23 May 2007

ALBION have been thwarted in an attempt to obtain thousands of extra Wembley tickets for Monday's play-off final against Derby (ko 3pm).

The Baggies' ticket allocation of just over 33,000 sold out on Monday and the club were alerted that over half of the 17,000 Club Wembley seats - purchased on a ten-year debenture - will be empty on Monday.

An Albion delegation, led by chairman Jeremy Peace, visited Wembley today to hold talks with Football League and Wembley officials in the hope of purchasing unused tickets to sell to Baggies fans.

But after two hours of meetings, Albion were told that because Club Wembley seats are in an unsegregated area of the stadium, they could not be released for general sale because of crowd safety issues.

Peace said: "We appreciate that the new Wembley is on a learning curve with its ticket distribution systems and that crowd safety issues must always be taken into consideration.

"Nevertheless, it is disappointing there will be thousands of empty seats on Monday when there is such a demand for tickets among both Albion and Derby fans."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree