1. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    241
    08 Jun '08 16:011 edit
    Nadal destroyed Federer! 6-1 6-3 6-0!

    Federer really needs to take a break and get his game back on track
  2. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    7241
    08 Jun '08 21:08
    Originally posted by jacko13
    Nadal destroyed Federer! 6-1 6-3 6-0!

    Federer really needs to take a break and get his game back on track
    Wimbeldon is in like 2 weeks. Not much of a break.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66536
    09 Jun '08 00:56
    Originally posted by jacko13
    Nadal destroyed Federer! 6-1 6-3 6-0!

    Federer really needs to take a break and get his game back on track
    Clay has never been Federer's game. On grass he is a titan and will beat Nadal...again!! Nadal is simply the best clay court player on the planet for now. Federer is the best on all other surfaces. The records back this up.
  4. Joined
    11 Feb '07
    Moves
    14155
    09 Jun '08 02:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Clay has never been Federer's game. On grass he is a titan and will beat Nadal...again!! Nadal is simply the best clay court player on the planet for now. Federer is the best on all other surfaces. The records back this up.
    Clay never was Federer's surface of choice..., but this match was an absolute blowout. Still can't believe it.
    I agree that Federer is much more dominant on other courts (especially grass), but Rafa really pushed him last year (all the way into a close fifth set) and I must say I'm worried for Fed. 😕
  5. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    7241
    10 Jun '08 00:38
    Originally posted by highflier934
    Clay never was Federer's surface of choice..., but this match was an absolute blowout. Still can't believe it.
    I agree that Federer is much more dominant on other courts (especially grass), but Rafa really pushed him last year (all the way into a close fifth set) and I must say I'm worried for Fed. 😕
    After the French final im a little worried also, i don't care if clay isn't his best surface he is usually very capable on it. Something is off in his game and he's gotta figure it out and be ready for Wimbledon.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    13 Jun '08 17:562 edits
    Nadal also has improved his game. People used to attack his backhand; that weakness is largely gone now. He's even hitting drop shots and volleys well. I think he has an excellent chance of beating Federer at Wimbledon.

    He made only about 5 unforced errors per set at the French. That's a scary level of consistency.
  7. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Joined
    17 Feb '07
    Moves
    35053
    18 Jun '08 21:54
    I think Federer peaked at the end of 2006 (when he beat Blake at The Masters Series) and has been getting slowly worse since then, whilst Nadal has been slowly improving and is playing the best tennis of his career.

    Looking at Nadal at Queens I think he has a very good chance and I would actually place him slight favourite to win Wimbeldon, especially considering how close he was last year. Psychologically the French Open result will have knocked Fed's confidence a lot and Nadal winning Queens will give him the belief he can win on grass.

    I honestly think that Federer's time is up. He is a great World No 1 but feel that Nadal will probably overtake him by the year end.

    Federer may win a couple more Slams in the future, but I certainly believe his complete dominance of the game has ended for good!

    Time will tell if Nadal, or Djokovic will ever cahieve the results Fed did in the Slam's.
  8. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    7241
    19 Jun '08 00:28
    Originally posted by najdorfslayer
    I think Federer peaked at the end of 2006 (when he beat Blake at The Masters Series) and has been getting slowly worse since then, whilst Nadal has been slowly improving and is playing the best tennis of his career.

    Looking at Nadal at Queens I think he has a very good chance and I would actually place him slight favourite to win Wimbeldon, especial ...[text shortened]...

    Time will tell if Nadal, or Djokovic will ever cahieve the results Fed did in the Slam's.
    I agree the dominance is over but it should be a good fight for # 1.
  9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Joined
    14 Jun '02
    Moves
    17381
    19 Jun '08 09:19
    Originally posted by najdorfslayer
    I think Federer peaked at the end of 2006 (when he beat Blake at The Masters Series) and has been getting slowly worse since then, whilst Nadal has been slowly improving and is playing the best tennis of his career.

    Looking at Nadal at Queens I think he has a very good chance and I would actually place him slight favourite to win Wimbeldon, especial ...[text shortened]...

    Time will tell if Nadal, or Djokovic will ever cahieve the results Fed did in the Slam's.
    Yep, I'm picking Nadal over Federer for Wimbledon this year (in four sets).
Back to Top