1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 17:221 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Speaking of facts, when is the last time a small market team won it all?
    Kansas City had every chance to win it all this year. That they didn't is a product of a little bit of luck and a lot of Madison Bumgarner's Koufax-esque heroics.

Your normal big/small market whining is particularly absurd given the participants in this year's WS. If I were selling your narrative, I'd lay off of it for now. Wait for a Yankees-Dodgers World Series before you lay it on thick again.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 19:031 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Kansas City had every chance to win it all this year. That they didn't is a product of a little bit of luck and a lot of Madison Bumgarner's Koufax-esque heroics.

Your normal big/small market whining is particularly absurd given the participants in this year's WS. If I were selling your narrative, I'd lay off of it for now. Wait for a Yankees-Dodgers World Series before you lay it on thick again.
    Naturally, KC could have won. Had they won, they would have been the only small market team to win since.......?

Do you know sh?

And had they won, they would have just been another minor bump in the road as big market teams continue to dominate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree