01 Mar '09 07:55
    Definitely Rocky Balboa
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 13:29
    Originally posted by boarman
    Definitely Rocky Balboa
    Richard dunn[ made loads of money from the advertisemants on the souls of his boots]!!!
  4. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 21:42
    Mike Tyson, err before anybody starts hankering on...before he went ga ga ( Rape/jail and the ear etc ).Just to watch a 19 year old street fighter demolish the boxing heirachy was fearsom.
  5. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 21:441 edit
    Originally posted by boarman
    Definitely Rocky Balboa
    lol..Nah Clubber Lang..... especially loved his prediction.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 22:12
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    Mike Tyson, err before anybody starts hankering on...before he went ga ga ( Rape/jail and the ear etc ).Just to watch a 19 year old street fighter demolish the boxing heirachy was fearsom.
    i agree about tyson being awesome and all, but the greatest,no. His opponents were all suspect, and beat before they climbed through the ropes . Holmes was washed up,Spinks was blown up light heavy with no real heart(at least that night). Buster a so so jouneyman beat him all night before the famous knockdown. Holyfield(a true champion) beat the piss out of him.Lennox Lewis is another. when he got people in front of him with true skills and not intimidated by him,he could not deal with it. If cus was around he probally would have been the greatest,and or if he had stuck with Rooney and Jacobs.
  7. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 22:47
    Ali
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 23:39
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    Ali
    good choice . But, I put him second. Heres why; Ali was56-5 with37 ko's. held the title 3 times.awesome! Lewis 69-3 55 ko's. Was champ for 11 yrs 10 mos (a record),25 title defenses (a record),and knocked out 23 out of 27 opponents in championship fights.Also a record. Incidently,both of their careers were interupted by wars
  9. Blighty
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 00:45
    Frank Bruno
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 02:19
    Originally posted by surtism
    Frank Bruno
    Frank Bruno?! You must be a Brit .
  11. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 03:28
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Was Ali? Marciano?Dempsey? I rank Joe Louis as #1
    Spider Rico
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 03:37
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    good choice . But, I put him second. Heres why; Ali was56-5 with37 ko's. held the title 3 times.awesome! Lewis 69-3 55 ko's. Was champ for 11 yrs 10 mos (a record),25 title defenses (a record),and knocked out 23 out of 27 opponents in championship fights.Also a record. Incidently,both of their careers were interupted by wars
    Check your numbers again.

Ali was 56W 5L 0 Draws

Lewis was 41W 2L 1 Draw

Ali beat the following world champions: Sonny Liston (twice), Ken Norton, Joe Frazier (twice), George Foreman, Leon Spinks.

Ali Lost to world champions Ken Norton, Joe Frazier, Leon Spinks, &
    Larry Holmes.

Lewis beat world champions Oliver McCall, Tommy Morrison, Evander Holyfield, and Hasin Rahman

Lewis lost to world champions Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman.
    Lewis' draw was against Evander Holyfield

Ali won the title three separate times. He was more dominant against better competition and was a great showman and promoter of the sport.

For these reasons, I think Ali was the best there ever was. I believe Holfield was better in his prime than was Lewis, but that point will be debatable since Lewis didn't catch him until late in his career.
  13. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 03:47
    Originally posted by shortcircuit

Ali was 56W 5L 0 Draws

Lewis was 41W 2L 1 Draw

Ali beat the following world champions: Sonny Liston (twice), Ken Norton, Joe Frazier (twice), George Foreman, Leon Spinks.

Larry Holmes.

Lewis beat world champions Oliver McCall, Tommy Morrison, Ev ...[text shortened]... Lewis, but that point will be debatable since Lewis didn't catch him until late in his career.
    I am sorry. one of my later post I misspelled joe louis last name as lewis.i saw it after i posted it. Again, Iam referring to Joe Louis the brown bomber. Check out his numbers.Lennox is good but I would never compare him with Ali. I will be more careful next time
  14. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 04:13
    Originally posted by shortcircuit

Ali was 56W 5L 0 Draws

Lewis was 41W 2L 1 Draw

Larry Holmes.

Lewis beat world champions Oliver McCall, Tommy Morrison, Ev ...[text shortened]... Lewis, but that point will be debatable since Lewis didn't catch him until late in his career.
    btw Norton was not a world champ when he fought Ali 3 times.when he won the first time it was for the north american boxing federation title. (1973). Norton was a world "champ" for 6 mos. (W B C ) after being awarded it when Leon Spinks refused to fight him.(1978) His first "defense" was a loss to larry holmes
  15. North Carolina
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 07:551 edit
    Sugar ray Robinson

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree