1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    11 Dec '06 22:38
    1. Bill Buckner
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    11 Dec '06 22:581 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night
    1. Bill Buckner
    I don't think a physical error can be categorized as a "blunder". Nor did Buckner's error lose that World Series and if he had made the play there is no assurance the Red Sox would have won the game (which was tied).
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    11 Dec '06 23:18
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I don't think a physical error can be categorized as a "blunder". Nor did Buckner's error lose that World Series and if he had made the play there is no assurance the Red Sox would have won the game (which was tied).
    That is a little known fact... plus it was game 6 anyway.

    P-
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    11 Dec '06 23:21
    # 2 Chris Webber
  5. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Joined
    17 Apr '04
    Moves
    24785
    11 Dec '06 23:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    That is a little known fact... plus it was game 6 anyway.

    P-
    No one remembers the wild pitch that, in fact, tied the game. The ball going through the legs has become an iconic moment that is synonymous with decades of Red Sox futility.

    But we forgive him.
  6. cleveland ohio
    Joined
    02 Apr '05
    Moves
    54535
    12 Dec '06 00:26
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    No one remembers the wild pitch that, in fact, tied the game. The ball going through the legs has become an iconic moment that is synonymous with decades of Red Sox futility.

    But we forgive him.
    Josa Maca blowing game 6 for the indians in game 6 of the world series the indians lose to florida in 97 or the Cleveland Browns defense letting Elway go 98 yards in 86 or in 87 the Byner fumble AGAIN against Denver this time in Denver or 1970 when the Browns trade HALL OF FAME receiver Paul Warfield to Maimi for the draft rights to qb Mike Phipps out of Purdue , phipps was a bust in the nfl while Warfeild went on to win 2 SUPERBOWLS WITH MAIMI I COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT CLEVELAND SPORTS BLUNDERS BUT I AM GETTING UPSAT SO I BETTER STOP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Paonia, Colorado
    Joined
    21 Nov '04
    Moves
    170839
    12 Dec '06 00:33
    The Portland Trailblazers taking Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordon in the '84 NBA Draft. It is pretty tough to argue with Hakeem Olajuwan at #1, but Bowie...
  8. cleveland ohio
    Joined
    02 Apr '05
    Moves
    54535
    12 Dec '06 00:36
    What about Leon Lett in the SUPERBOWL LETT was a defensive tackle for the Cowboys he recoved a fumble and was running it in for a td when he decided to show boat he started walking into the endzone with the ball sticking out WHEN THE BILLS DEFENSIVE PLAYER CAUGHT UP WITH HIM AND KNOCKED THE BALL OUT OF HIS HANDS I THINK THE PLAYER WAS STEVE TASKER DB this was from one of the SUPERBOWLS FROM THE EARLY 90S NOT SURE WHICH ONE THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST BONEHEADED PLAYS EVER LOL
  9. lazy boy derivative
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    71817
    12 Dec '06 00:43
    Hershal Walker.

    Signed...Vikings fan.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    12 Dec '06 01:25
    Jose Canseco having a fly ball bounce off his bean for a home run was a great blunder. It didn't result in any big loss but was still tragic nonetheless. 😵
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    12 Dec '06 01:27
    Also Tom Cochrane (A Canadian) forgetting the words to the Canadian National Anthem during the '92 Series. And that was only a couple games after the US Marines flew the Canadian flag UPSIDE-DOWN during the opening ceremony of the Series. 😞
  12. cleveland ohio
    Joined
    02 Apr '05
    Moves
    54535
    12 Dec '06 01:54
    Cleveland Indians 10 cent beer night in 1974 turned into a drunken riot as fans jumped on the ballfield and wanted to fight anyone in their sites players police ,each other it was a mess the game ended early as thousands of drunk fans go wild the Indians or the major leagues never had another 10 cent beer night the indians were playing the Texas Rangers LED by Billy Martin who was known to tie one on lol
  13. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    12 Dec '06 02:15
    Originally posted by richfeet
    Cleveland Indians 10 cent beer night in 1974 turned into a drunken riot as fans jumped on the ballfield and wanted to fight anyone in their sites players police ,each other it was a mess the game ended early as thousands of drunk fans go wild the Indians or the major leagues never had another 10 cent beer night the indians were playing the Texas Rangers LED by Billy Martin who was known to tie one on lol
    Bill Veeck=Disco Sucks night at comiskey.
  14. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    12 Dec '06 02:161 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Jose Canseco having a fly ball bounce off his bean for a home run was a great blunder. It didn't result in any big loss but was still tragic nonetheless. 😵
    That was a great one!
  15. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    12 Dec '06 02:21
    Originally posted by richfeet
    What about Leon Lett in the SUPERBOWL LETT was a defensive tackle for the Cowboys he recoved a fumble and was running it in for a td when he decided to show boat he started walking into the endzone with the ball sticking out WHEN THE BILLS DEFENSIVE PLAYER CAUGHT UP WITH HIM AND KNOCKED THE BALL OUT OF HIS HANDS I THINK THE PLAYER WAS STEVE TASKER DB ...[text shortened]... FROM THE EARLY 90S NOT SURE WHICH ONE THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST BONEHEADED PLAYS EVER LOL
    Don Beebe = Darvlay wept.
Back to Top