Help me!!!!!

Standard memberwhodey
Sports 21 Jan '09 02:09
  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Jan '09 02:091 edit
    I am falling into the abyss that lies between the end of college football and the beginning of baseball in the spring. I suppose I have some distractions like the NFL and march madness but by in large I am a man without a sport until spring. Am I alone?
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Fort Lauderdale
    Joined
    17 Aug '06
    Moves
    119668
    21 Jan '09 07:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am falling into the abyss that lies between the end of college football and the beginning of baseball in the spring. I suppose I have some distractions like the NFL and march madness but by in large I am a man without a sport until spring. Am I alone?
    The Australian Open is going on right now. College hoops are in their conferences.
  3. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Joined
    02 Dec '08
    Moves
    27516
    23 Jan '09 02:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am falling into the abyss that lies between the end of college football and the beginning of baseball in the spring. I suppose I have some distractions like the NFL and march madness but by in large I am a man without a sport until spring. Am I alone?
    If you didn't notice, we're smack dab in the middle of figure skating season! Jeez.

    🙂

    http://www.usfigureskating.org/
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    23 Jan '09 02:54
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    If you didn't notice, we're smack dab in the middle of figure skating season! Jeez.

    🙂

    http://www.usfigureskating.org/
    All I need is a rope and a ladder!!
  5. Madison Square Garde
    Joined
    03 Jan '06
    Moves
    186524
    23 Jan '09 03:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    All I need is a rope and a ladder!!
    That's good saftey. Always tie you ladder off. So you don't fall.🙂
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    30 Jan '09 23:181 edit
    late January and February is a relatively boring time of the year for sports. Superbowl matchup has been set - Australian Open takes place mainly in the wee hours of the morning here in the US (I guess it's easier if you live in the European time zones) - although I got to see the second half of the very long Nadal-Verdasco match this morning.

    College basketball seems to be almost pointless until you get to March - even the major matchups don't really matter much because these teams are all going the big dance anyway.

    There's the NBA & NHL -- haven't these teams already played enough games? - Let's begin the playoffs now!! -- One of the best NBA seasons was in 1999 after the strike and the regular season was reduced to only 50 games or so.

    There's the winter olympics - but that's only every four years - still one more year until we get to see Bode Miller bomb out again on the slopes!!

    This year, there's the World Baseball Classic coming in March - which is a lot more fun than the usual spring training.

    There's the news - but if I see Rod Blagojevich's face one more time....

    oh well - there's always the Knicks....😀
  7. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Joined
    26 Mar '08
    Moves
    74043
    31 Jan '09 20:57
    European football/soccer my friends. Especially the Champions League.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10258
    31 Jan '09 21:46
    Originally posted by MrHand
    European football/soccer my friends. Especially the Champions League.
    nuh they'd rather sit and watch two crickets having a race while waiting for the baseball season to start than watching soccer.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    31 Jan '09 22:58
    Originally posted by Melanerpes

    College basketball seems to be almost pointless until you get to March - even the major matchups don't really matter much because these teams are all going the big dance anyway.

    T
    Exactly!! It is almost as if the regular season were a pre-season. I will watch March Madness but as for the rest of it, wake me up till we get there!!
Back to Top