1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 07:12
    Any news, people from the Island?

If it happens, Barca will be the champions league winner.

Just picture that attack: Henry, Etoo, Ronaldinho and Messi. Wow! 😲
  2. LA
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 07:19
    Originally posted by Seitse

All the indications are that Henry is going to leave Arsenal.

AC Milan want him though so I think the only way he will end up at Barcelona is if a swap deal with Eto is put together.

I think Barcelona will be stronger next season.
    Barcelona may get Henry but everyone thinks they will lose either Eto or Ronaldinho.

What do you thinkof Manchester United Next Season:-
    Rooney, C Ronaldo, Nani, Giggs, Scholes, Anderson.
    I see lots of pace, power and flare in that team also.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 07:30
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    All the indications are that Henry is going to leave Arsenal.

AC Milan want him though so I think the only way he will end up at Barcelona is if a swap deal with Eto is put together.

I think Barcelona will be stronger next season.
    Barcelona may get Henry but everyone thinks they will lose either Eto or Ronaldinho.

What do you thinkof Man ...[text shortened]... Ronaldo, Nani, Giggs, Scholes, Anderson.
    I see lots of pace, power and flare in that team also.
    That would be the headache, to give away Ronaldinho for Henry,
    but I don't mind if Etoo is released. In my opinion it is harder to find a
    replacement for Ronaldinho than a replacement for Etoo (Henry
    could do it easily). Etoo is not that big deal... he just has behind him
    a really powerful attacking midfield. What do you think?

Well, Manchester will win the premier league, no problem with that, IMO... but the champions league? I see a LOT of power and creativity in those names, sincerely, but the big league is won with a strong bench and a coach ready to convince his pupils about the harshness of such a difficult competition. How's the bench of ManU looking?
  4. LA
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 08:002 edits
    That would be the headache, to give away Ronaldinho for Henry,
    but I don't mind if Etoo is released. In my opinion it is harder to find a
    replacement for Ronaldinho than a replacement for Etoo (Henry
    could do it easily). Etoo is not that big deal... he just has behind him
    a really powerful attacking midfield. What do you think?

Well, Manchester will w ...[text shortened]... s pupils about the harshness of such a difficult competition. How's the bench of ManU looking?
    I agree Barcelona need to keep Ronaldino and I think you will.
    It seems to be a battle between Liverpool and Arsenal to sign Eto.
    If Barcelona get Henry for Eto then Barcelona win, Henry is awesome and in Spain he will be unstopable.
    If Barcelona sell Eto to Liverpool I think you'll get at least 65m Euros, you could do a lot with that kind of money.

I am confident Manchester United will be very strong in the CL next season.
    We have in defense Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Heinz, Neville and backup defenders Brown, Silverstra and o'Shea.

In Midfield we also have good defensive backup in Hargrieves (from B Munic), Carrick and Fletcher who is betting better all the time.

We lost out to AC Milan I think because Ferdinand, Neville and Vidic were out injured and we lacked extra flare.
    We will definately get the extra flare from Nani and Anderson and if Rooney and Ronaldo keep on improving.........

Its going to be a great season for both Barcelona and Manchester United next time.

Messi can only get better and with Henry you will be much stronger.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 08:04
    We? No, mate, no, I am a Real Madrid fan, hehehe

That doesn't mean, as a football fan, that I would love to see Henry being served great passes by Dinho 😞
  6. LA
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 08:08
    We? No, mate, no, I am a Real Madrid fan, hehehe

That doesn't mean, as a football fan, that I would love to see Henry being served great passes by Dinho 😞
    Real Madrid fan.

Not sure what to think about Madrid.

With Beckham gone and Carlos at the end you need to be in the market for big names.

I'm not sure who Madrid are going for and do you think Robhinio has what it takes?
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 08:17
    Real Madrid fan.

Not sure what to think about Madrid.

With Beckham gone and Carlos at the end you need to be in the market for big names.

I'm not sure who Madrid are going for and do you think Robhinio has what it takes?
    Roberto Carlos is already signed for Fenerbache, I read this morning in the Spanish sports press. Sad, really. Who is Capello thinking for substituting him?

As for Becks, I would not have a problem if and only if there was somebody with his sparkle. I must confess I was happy for him leaving, until he 'snapped' again and showed what he is capable of. Wonders, simply wonders.

But what is the bloody hope, I ask now? Robinho? Emerson? Come on! They must be kidding, and now the potential big signs are flying away, and at the end Real Madrid will be left with a team that cannot simply do it, IMO. Gago and Higain are not up to the challenge, and Cannavaro back there is no guarantee of anything at all.

Perhaps get Cesc Fabregas and finally give Jose Antonio Reyes the chance he deserves? Pfff... they may shine a little bit in the local league, but next year, unless something great happens, Real Madrid will be a shame in the champions league 🙁
  8. LA
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 08:23
    Roberto Carlos is already signed for Fenerbache, I read this morning in the Spanish sports press. Sad, really. Who is Capello thinking for substituting him?

As for Becks, I would not have a problem if and only if there was somebody with his sparkle. I must confess I was happy for him leaving, until he 'snapped' again and showed what he is capable of. Wonde ...[text shortened]... t year, unless something great happens, Real Madrid will be a shame in the champions league 🙁
    Beckham was the same for Manchester Unied at times he did nothing, then suddenly he would have an 8 week spell where he was the best player in the league - awesome.

I think Madrid need a coach like Wenger, if Madrid really went for Wenger you could get him, and maybe if you move quickly he will bring Henry with him.
    There has been talk about this happening.

Also I do not understand why Madrid do not try and make a quick move for Schevchenko, he would play well in Spain and he is not happy at Chelsea, he would be a good buy at 20m euros.

Madrid may surprise us all but they are just not really getting linked with anyone in the English press.
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 08:391 edit
    Beckham was the same for Manchester Unied at times he did nothing, then suddenly he would have an 8 week spell where he was the best player in the league - awesome.

I think Madrid need a coach like Wenger, if Madrid really went for Wenger you could get him, and maybe if you move quickly he will bring Henry with him.
    There has been talk about t ...[text shortened]... ay surprise us all but they are just not really getting linked with anyone in the English press.
    Oh Wenger! Tell me about it, I would love to see Wenger at Madrid's bench, sincerely.

You know what I fear? That we have been so dry of cups and titles lately that the executives aimed at securing at least the local league (after 4 years of nothing) and went for Capello, who is quite a safe bet for local titles.

But come one! The local league SHOULD be for granted, and Real is a team to be competing for Europe always! That is why I felt to disheartened when it was being speculated that Capello would be substituted by Schuster... come one! Yes, he was a great Madrid player, but as a coach he has only local fame for converting a mediocre, budget-less team into a 7th place of the ranking. Come on! Is that what they are aspiring to?

Damn it... those executive decisions make me angry, really.
  10. LA
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 09:191 edit
    Oh Wenger! Tell me about it, I would love to see Wenger at Madrid's bench, sincerely.

You know what I fear? That we have been so dry of cups and titles lately that the executives aimed at securing at least the local league (after 4 years of nothing) and went for Capello, who is quite a safe bet for local titles.

But come one! The local league SHOULD be ...[text shortened]... that what they are aspiring to?

Damn it... those executive decisions make me angry, really.
    I understand your frustration.

Madrid really need Wenger, his sides play the beutiful game and he does this for Arsenal with a very small budget for players.

I think if Madrid really made an effort for Wenger, you would get him.

He is frustrated at Arsenal because Manchester, Chelsea and Liverpool have much more money for players than Arsenal.

Wenger can develop talent into the worlds best, look at Henry, Viera, Pires and Anelka, he knows how to get players playing as a team.

If Wenger went to Madrid, with some finanical support he could turn Madrid into a world force again, not just with big buys, he would develop Robinho into the player he should be.

Also Madrid should go for Tevez, he is pure class.
    Tevez would be a world star at Madrid or Barcelona.

Now is the time to go for Wenger, he is unsettled at Arsenal, especially if they sell Henry.

Will Madrid take the chance?
    The Madrid board should go for the best and Wenger is the best available.
    Obviously Sir Alex Ferguson is the best, but he will never leave Manchester United.

Wener could rebuild Madrid into the 2nd best team in Europe, behind Manchester 😉
  11. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 12:441 edit

Eto'o to AC Milan.
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 12:58
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    Eto'o to AC Milan.
    crossing my fingers for it
  13. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 17:11

i think henry was and still is the best in the world... with ronaldinho they'll be no stopping them, if barca have eto as well, we might as well just do away with the champions league now to save us all time
  14. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 17:28
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    i think henry was and still is the best in the world... with ronaldinho they'll be no stopping them, if barca have eto as well, we might as well just do away with the champions league now to save us all time
    Henry has just been awesome for the past few years. But with his injuries mounting and his age, I am not sure that Arsenal would not be better selling him.
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 18:28
    Oh damn, is he injured?!?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree