1. Wat?
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 13:14
    Caster Semenya, forced to take gender test, is a woman ... and a man

Tests show that controversial runner Caster Semenya is a woman ...and a man!

The 18-year-old South African champ has no womb or ovaries and her testosterone levels are more than three times higher than those of a normal female, according to reports.

The tests, ordered by The International Association of Athletics Federations after Semenya's 800-meter victory in the World Championships, determined she's a hermaphrodite - having both male and female organs.
    (http://articles.nydailynews.com/2009-09-10/news/17931933_1_caster-semenya-test-results-photo-spread)

---

However:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2009-09-19/news/17934314_1_caster-semenya-test-results-iaaf

South Africa's top track official apologized Saturday for denying knowledge of gender tests done on runner Caster Semenya in the country, saying he lied to protect her privacy.

I can no longer stand before you and say that I am not aware of gender tests conducted on Caster Semenya," Chuene said.

"I felt that at the time I was acting in the best interests of Caster Semenya as a person. I believed at the time my consistent denials would help protect her."

Semenya won the 800-meter race at the world championships on Aug. 19 in Berlin in 1 minute, 55.45 seconds, finishing 2.45 seconds ahead of her closest competitor.

It was the fastest time in the world this year.

The International Association of Athletics Federations ordered more tests done on the runner in Berlin, saying questions had been raised about her muscular physique and recent stunning improvement in times.

Chuene said tests had been done at a Pretoria hospital on Aug. 7 at the behest of the IAAF, adding that it was unclear whether Semenya was informed of the nature of the examinations.

Chuene said that despite medical advice and a request from the IAAF, he refused to withdraw Semenya from the race because there were no results yet from the tests.

"I was not going to stop her talent because of rumors," he said.

"On what basis should I have withdrawn her? My only crime committed was to take a decision that she must run and she won."

Chuene also accused the IAAF of violating her rights and privacy.

"The IAAF publicly revealed her name. The IAAF betrayed her. The IAAF has a lot to answer for," he said.

On Saturday, Chuene repeated his claims that he saw no reason for Semenya to be tested and said he would not accept the outcome of results.

Chuene denied that Semenya - seen as the team's best chance for a gold medal - had been "sacrificed for a medal."

---------------

I'm no expert in the medical field, but I know somebody who is. She said it would be fairly easy to restore a movement of male genitals internally, when there is no womb or ovaries to contend with, in their placement.

All this for a Gold medal, along with the Soth African denials, or can this really be a freak case? (to knock off 7 seconds, and I am an expert in middle-distance running, within 1 season is just too remarkable in my book!)

Is she a he simultaneously, a real hermaphrodite, or was this an attempt at a big lie, purely for winning racing funds and sponsorship?

-m.

Edit: Oh! I forgot. 'her' name resembles castration of semen, ya? 😕
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 20:57
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Caster Semenya, forced to take gender test, is a woman ... and a man

Tests show that controversial runner Caster Semenya is a woman ...and a man!

The 18-year-old South African champ has no womb or ovaries and her testosterone levels are more than three times higher than those of a normal female, according to reports.

The tests, ordered by The Int ...[text shortened]...
    -m.

Edit: Oh! I forgot. 'her' name resembles castration of semen, ya? 😕
    Simple solution. If you are not a woman, then you must race with men.

Controversy over.
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    14 Dec '11 10:16
    Originally posted by uzless
    Simple solution. If you are not a woman, then you must race with men.

Controversy over.
    Erm...a hermaphrodite has physical attributes of both man and woman. That is where the problem is.

Put him/her in to race with men will put him/her at a disadvantage, because he/she also has female physical characteristics.

How about a new hermaphrodite category where they can only race with other hermaphrodites? I admit it wouldn't be a very popular event.
  4. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 13:57
    How big is her adams apple?
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 14:06
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    How big is her adams apple?
    About twice the size of your cup..... in other words, very small.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree