Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    29 Apr '08 16:28 / 2 edits
    When are we going to get some real analysts to provide insight into the games??

    Kypreos, the old man, pierre mcguire and the rest should all be taken the back of the barn and shot. They can't even explain basic analysis on goals. They never get beyond, "well the other team scored because the goalie didn't make the save". Well duh.

    Carey Price is being questioned left, right and centre about being too young and not making saves and letting in easy goals...especially last night.

    Listen, anyone worth a damn with even 2 cents worth of hockey knowledge knows why the first 2 Philly goals went in...and it wasn't because the goalie should have made the save. But there's the Kipper and the old man blaming Price.

    FFS sake guys. What these sports shows need is a Defenseman who played in the NHL to explain that, hang on wait for it, the reason those two goals were scored were because of the BEER LEAGUE type of play the montreal defensemen did. ( And have been doing the whole playoffs)

    If you don't know what i'm talking about well, to you maybe it does seem it's Price's fault those goals were scored. But trust me, as a D-man, you have 2 options when faced with a 2 on 2.

    1. Make the play AT THE BLUE LINE or
    2. Back in a little bit but force the puck carrier WIDE, not to the centre where he can get a shot off using you and/or your partner D-man as a screen on the goalie.

    What do the HABS Defensemen do? Back in, let the man cut to the centre and get a screen shot off. Bush league! Even guys in the ECHL don't play like this.


    But our expert hockey analysts completely ignore "why" a goal is scored and only look at the result. Frickin brilliant boys!

    Bring in Paul Coffey, Ray Bourque, Phil Housley, Larry Robinson, or even my frickin Hockey coach from when I was 8 years old and you'll get real analysis.
  2. 29 Apr '08 16:29
    Sportsnet has the worst hockey analysts imaginable fronted by Nick Kypreos and Bill Watters. Why these guys have a job in television I have no idea.
  3. Standard member Sir Timothy
    The Seer of Seers
    29 Apr '08 18:17
    Are you still rooting for the Habs? Go Flyers!

    I listen to XM204 (the hockey channel). I find the analysis to pretty good and fair.

    BTW - If the Habs scored another goal on Hatcher's major, I think Philly fans would have sent out a lynch mob for him.

    Anyway, I just enjoying the Flyer's run. No one expected them to beat the Caps. Most "hockey analysts" picked the Caps in 6, same with the Habs.
  4. 29 Apr '08 18:45
    Originally posted by Sir Timothy
    Are you still rooting for the Habs? Go Flyers!

    I listen to XM204 (the hockey channel). I find the analysis to pretty good and fair.

    BTW - If the Habs scored another goal on Hatcher's major, I think Philly fans would have sent out a lynch mob for him.

    Anyway, I just enjoying the Flyer's run. No one expected them to beat the Caps. Most "hockey analysts" picked the Caps in 6, same with the Habs.
    You guys have Keith Jones in Philly? He's the best Hockey analyst in the biz, in my opinion.
  5. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    29 Apr '08 23:47
    Originally posted by Sir Timothy
    Are you still rooting for the Habs? Go Flyers!

    I listen to XM204 (the hockey channel). I find the analysis to pretty good and fair.

    BTW - If the Habs scored another goal on Hatcher's major, I think Philly fans would have sent out a lynch mob for him.

    Anyway, I just enjoying the Flyer's run. No one expected them to beat the Caps. Most "hockey analysts" picked the Caps in 6, same with the Habs.
    I picked the flyers...and colorado...and NYR...
  6. Standard member Sir Timothy
    The Seer of Seers
    30 Apr '08 13:06
    I can't believe all the other series are 3-0. I am really suprised about the Rangers and Sharks.

    The Flyers / Habs game tonight should be very interesting. I hope Philly will keep their composure and stay out of the sin bin.
  7. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    30 Apr '08 14:52
    Originally posted by Sir Timothy
    I can't believe all the other series are 3-0. I am really suprised about the Rangers and Sharks.

    The Flyers / Habs game tonight should be very interesting. I hope Philly will keep their composure and stay out of the sin bin.
    Tonights game will determine the series winner. Habs win, they take the series. Philly wins, it's over in 5.
  8. Standard member Sir Timothy
    The Seer of Seers
    02 May '08 15:52
    Originally posted by uzless
    Tonights game will determine the series winner. Habs win, they take the series. Philly wins, it's over in 5.
    I hope you are right. Philly was in the same position against the Caps.
  9. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    02 May '08 16:34
    Originally posted by Sir Timothy
    I hope you are right. Philly was in the same position against the Caps.
    MTL needed a last second fluke goal by kovalev to tie game 1 before they won in overtime.

    Philly should have won all 4 games