1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Nov '19 10:122 edits
    @caissad4 said
    Ugh , Ken Dryden . The dental student who came up when Vachon was injured and made all us kids in Boston cry. I just can't ever forget that.
    What ? No mention of Phil Esposito ??
    The ironic part is they (Boston) had drafted Ken Dryden in 1964!

Phil Esposito was on of the great boston Bruins and in the hall of fame he does deserve mention of course.

A member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, he played 18 seasons in the National Hockey League for the Chicago Black Hawks, Boston Bruins and New York Rangers. He is considered one of the greatest players of all time, and is the older brother of fellow Hall-of-Famer Tony Esposito, a goaltender.

How many Stanley Cups did Phil Esposito win?
    two Stanley Cup
    He was traded in 1967 to the Boston Bruins, with whom he won two Stanley Cup championships and scored more than 50 goals in five different seasons. In 1975 E So he actually wasn't an original member in the 6 team league we were talking about.

-VR
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Nov '19 10:541 edit
    @Earl-of-Trumps

I found this for you!

Philippe Sauvé (French) is an American former professional ice hockey goaltender who last played with the Hamburg Freezers of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga. Sauvé played in the National Hockey League for the Colorado Avalanche, Calgary Flames, Phoenix Coyotes and the Boston Bruins. He is the son of former NHL goaltender Bob Sauvé. ...more on Wikipedia

-VR
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Nov '19 23:24
    @very-rusty said
    List of Boston Bruins players - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › List_of_Boston_Bruins_players
    This is a complete list of ice hockey players who have played for the Boston Bruins in the ...... 0, 0, 18, HOF 1997. Sauve, Maxime · France, C, 2011–2012, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, –, –, –, –, – ..... "Boston Bruins Team Historical Players". BostonBruins.com. ... This page was ...[text shortened]... place: Saint-Martin-d'Hères, France

Yes, I did a little digging to find out this info! 😉

-VR
    I had no idea the league ever had a player from France.
    You do know that when I say "French" I mean from Quebec, right? Like Vachon, who of course is ethnic French but from Quebec.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Nov '19 23:31
    @Very-Rusty
    " In 1975 E So he actually wasn't an original member in the 6 team league we were talking about."

Of course he was, Rusty. Espo was in Chicago before he came to Boston but when he got to Boston that 6 team Western expansion had not yet occurred. Let's see if I Can remember:

Pittsburgh Penguins; St. Louis Blues; Minnesota North Stars; Los Angeles Kings; Oakland Golden Seals; Philadelphia Phlyers.

how's that 🙂

And yes, I saw where Dryden was taken by Bruins. Oh well. Maybe if he played for the Bruins he would have got the money and stayed in the NHL.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Nov '19 17:44
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Very-Rusty
    " In 1975 E So he actually wasn't an original member in the 6 team league we were talking about."

Of course he was, Rusty. Espo was in Chicago before he came to Boston but when he got to Boston that 6 team Western expansion had not yet occurred. Let's see if I Can remember:

Pittsburgh Penguins; St. Louis Blues; Minnesota North Stars; Los Ang ...[text shortened]... ruins. Oh well. Maybe if he played for the Bruins he would have got the money and stayed in the NHL.
    You already made my point he was traded to Boston. Worst mistake they may have made was to trade Esposito.

For the 1967–68 season, six new teams were added to the NHL: the California Seals, the Los Angeles Kings, the Minnesota North Stars, the Philadelphia Flyers, the Pittsburgh Penguins, and the St. Louis Blues. I don't recall them being called the "Oakland Golden Seals"?

He Ken Dryden wouldn't have stayed no mater where he played. Boston would probably have won a few more cups though they had some good teams back then. His goal was to become a Lawyer which he did and got into politics, which I believe had been part of his plan all along. Last year he played with Montreal they had to convince him to stay.

-VR
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Nov '19 22:25
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I had no idea the league ever had a player from France.
    You do know that when I say "French" I mean from Quebec, right? Like Vachon, who of course is ethnic French but from Quebec.
    You did say french players, so they could be from France. 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree