1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '19 14:45
    @caissad4 said
    But the Bruins have Rask.
    And that may just be enough.
    I'd keep my fingers crossed on that if I were you.

Rask is eventually going to wear out, like Patrick Roy did in the playoffs one year.

They have used Rask for long stretches as they did Patrick Roy....Yes I am comparing the two..Roy is in the Hockey Hall of fame, I do expect Rask to also get there one day. I think Rask still may have some good years left in him he is 32, could possibly play for quite a few years yet. Same age as Crosby, I believe they were both born in 1987 easy enough to google that.

I am hoping the Blues will close it tonight with a win back home...although I did call 7 at the beginning of their playoffs.

-VR
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 May '19 17:23
    Blues vs Bruins, should be a good series!!!

-VR
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    28 May '19 03:06
    @very-rusty said
    Blues vs Bruins, should be a good series!!!

-VR
    That is one !
    😆
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 May '19 10:11
    @caissad4 said
    That is one !
    😆
    Great come back...Down 2-0 and bounced back for 4 unanswered goals. They were rusty in the first period but come on stong in the 2nd & 3rd. The team to win the first one has went on to win the cup as a rule. Washington Capitals of course lost their first last year and went on to win the cup, so the exception to that rule does happen. I would say the Blues have to win game 2 and get a split in Boston if they expect any chance this year.

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 May '19 21:57
    Appears we now have a series all tied up at one game!!! 😉

-VR
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    02 Jun '19 07:56
    @very-rusty said
    Appears we now have a series all tied up at one game!!! 😉

-VR
    A bloodbath. 😀 😀
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Jun '19 15:521 edit
    @caissad4 said
    A bloodbath. 😀 😀
    Don't get overly excited out of one blow out?

Now if they win tonight then start getting excited!!! 😉

-VR
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 11:422 edits
    @caissad4 said
    A bloodbath. 😀 😀
    Series now tied 2-2 a bit of a blood bath again not the score, Chara's face. They lost him four minutes into the 2nd period, plus another defenceman out, so that took them down to only 5 defence men for almost 2 periods. I think that made difference in the game. Should be interesting to see how they can do if Chara isn't able to play.
    Rask did his best to keep them in the game, but can't score for them too. I wonder if they have any good defencemen in their farm team. Some big skates to fill there if Chara can't go. I think he is the heart of the team. Shame to see stuff like that happen. It can make the difference in a team losing a guy like Chara even at 42 he leads that team.

-VR
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 14:09
    Big game tonight!!!

-VR
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 16:05
    Blues could win it tonight. Cup will be in the building in St.Louis!

-VR
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 21:441 edit
    @Very-Rusty

But of course... Ray Bourque. And yes, he won a cup with Colorado the year they traded him
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 22:02
    You guys talking about great defensemen... Orr, of course. Someone mentioned Coffey.
    For real old trimers... Doug Harvey and Eddie Shore.
    Then you have to have Denis Potvin - captain of 4 Stanley cup Islander teams, and Marc Messier who played his best in Stanley Cup Finals.

That's off the top of my head. Oh, and Larry Robinson might deserve some kind of mention here but he's a Hab and I'm a Bruins fan :-)
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 21:40
    @earl-of-trumps said
    You guys talking about great defensemen... Orr, of course. Someone mentioned Coffey.
    For real old trimers... Doug Harvey and Eddie Shore.
    Then you have to have Denis Potvin - captain of 4 Stanley cup Islander teams, and Marc Messier who played his best in Stanley Cup Finals.

That's off the top of my head. Oh, and Larry Robinson might deserve some kind of mention here but he's a Hab and I'm a Bruins fan :-)
    Some say that Bobby Orr was the best rushing defenceman of all time....Grapes (Don Cherry) would say Bobby Orr was the best two way player ever to have played the game. Of course he is a bit bias as he coached Bobby.

I like Larry Robinson known back then as Big Bird! He was one of the taller defenseman of that time, now he would be average sized in today world. The goalies have gotten much taller too and very agile for their size!

Well no cup yet, Boston are going to try and win it back home....I bet Bobby Orr and a few of the old timers will be there too watch. I think at this point one could flip a coin it is so hard to call. I thought the Blues might finish them off back in St. Louis last night but that wasn't to be. It has been a really hard fought contest, I guess anytime it goes to 7 hard to say anything different.

-VR
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 03:36
    @very-rusty said
    Some say that Bobby Orr was the best rushing defenceman of all time....Grapes (Don Cherry) would say Bobby Orr was the best two way player ever to have played the game. Of course he is a bit bias as he coached Bobby.

I like Larry Robinson known back then as Big Bird! He was one of the taller defenseman of that time, now he would be average sized in today world. The goal ...[text shortened]... a really hard fought contest, I guess anytime it goes to 7 hard to say anything different.

-VR
    When I was young I saw Orr play. If he played in the modern era (where players are protected), he would probably have 125-150 points every year. Heck, I once stood 6 feet from him at a CYO group he came to speak to. I was too awed to even speak.
    GO BRUINS !! One more game to decide the Cup !
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 21:55
    @caissad4 said
    When I was young I saw Orr play. If he played in the modern era (where players are protected), he would probably have 125-150 points every year. Heck, I once stood 6 feet from him at a CYO group he came to speak to. I was too awed to even speak.
    GO BRUINS !! One more game to decide the Cup !
    I once met him in person at a Halifax radio station. He was with one other person who didn't look to really be a body guard. He was really friendly, I shook hands with him, told him a was fan, but not a Boston Bruin fan....LOL....He just laughed about that and said, you're a fan which is great! He wasn't as big as I thought he might be, but looked pretty solid. If it wasn't for his knees he would have played longer. I think you are correct on the 125 - 150 point every year too! He did have a few guys on the Bruins at the time who would come to his defence, but he would sooner fight his own battles, according to Don Cherry his ex-coach, and biggest fan. He did give me an autographed photo though even though I wasn't a Bruin Fan 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree