1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '12 10:161 edit
    anyone following the IPL, what a game between Chennai Super Kings and the Mumbai
    Indians, last over drama!
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    07 May '12 11:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    anyone following the IPL, what a game between Chennai Super Kings and the Mumbai
    Indians, last over drama!
    no. 😀
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '12 18:01
    Originally posted by roma45
    no. 😀
    IPL is awesome, so many legends, if cricket would ever become truly popular this is the
    format it should take.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 May '12 18:15
    IPL is awesome, so many legends, if cricket would ever become truly popular this is the
    format it should take.
    It's fun, haven't seen any of it this year but watched the last couple of years... i like the champion league they have better tbh. Still prefer the one day game for world cups though.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '12 18:18
    Originally posted by Trev33
    It's fun, haven't seen any of it this year but watched the last couple of years... i like the champion league they have better tbh. Still prefer the one day game for world cups though.
    This has been the best and most exciting IPL tournament that i can remember, with not
    a few games being decided in the last over, two that i can remember on the last ball,
    20/20 overs is enough. Indian supporters are crazy for it.
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 May '12 08:46
    I'm irritated with their Youtube channel. For some reason the videos won't buffer.

I've watched a few games live. Always fun, but it's not really cricket for me.
    I like to see the bowlers actually coming to terms with the 20/20 game. Makes the games much more fun to watch.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '12 12:53
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I'm irritated with their Youtube channel. For some reason the videos won't buffer.

I've watched a few games live. Always fun, but it's not really cricket for me.
    I like to see the bowlers actually coming to terms with the 20/20 game. Makes the games much more fun to watch.
    Thats a real pity, in the UK we get it on ITV4 from 3 o'clock in the afternoon up until
    7.30, two matches usually, with analysis and commentary. There has been some
    exceptional spells of bowling, Murli, Morkel, Malinga and one the other night from
    Hilfenhaus and Kallis, dudes a legend.
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 May '12 18:18
    Kallis, dudes a legend.
    Finally, someone on this god forsaken site can see and admit he's a living legend.

Sheesh.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '12 19:351 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Finally, someone on this god forsaken site can see and admit he's a living legend.

Sheesh.
    some of the commentators were saying that not only was he the best all-rounder in the
    tournament, but a contender for all time! saying that no one can touch AB de Villiers
    innings against Dale Steyn and the Deccan Chargers, it was really something special,
    that dude can put you away anywhere!
  10. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    12 May '12 08:37
    some of the commentators were saying that not only was he the best all-rounder in the
    tournament, but a contender for all time!
    Well, I'm not sure about 20/20 cricket, but he he obviously is the best cricketer of all time. The only person who gets close is Sir Garfield Sobers.

Unfortunately people won't admit a current player is a legend. One needs to be at least retired, or dead.
    The stats from cricinfo.com speak for themselves:

Tests
    4th best all time runs, plus has the highest average in the top 20.
    28th in all time wicket takers and barring injuries might even make it into the select club of 300+ wicket takers club.
    Tied 4th all time catches.
    All rounder records:
    1000 runs, 50 wickets and 50 catches: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/287359.html
    Kallis is by far the best player on the list.
    Hell, he makes his own category. He's the only player IN HISTORY with 10,000+ runs, 250+ wickets and 150+ catches.

ODIs
    5th best all time runs, with the highest average in the top 30.
    18th in all time wicket takers, with a decent avg. and S/R. Needs 30 more to get into the very select 300 club, but probably won't get that.
    8th in all-time catches, and will probably be number 5 in another season of ODI cricket, as the 3 above him have retired and he just needs 9 catches to move up into the top 5.
    All rounder records:
    1000 runs, 50 wickets and 50 catches: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/287358.html
    Here Kallis is easily top 10, clipped by the likes of greats like Viv Richards, Jayasuriya, Afridi, Steve Waugh and Akram (even Tendulkar features on this list, although he'll probably laugh it off if told him he features on an all-rounder list 😉), although the list changes depending on what you would give greater weight to... He has 2nd best batting avg. and what seems to be a top 10 bowling avg.

T20s
    12th best all time runs, and 56 wickets.

In combined Test/ODI/T20 runs he is 3rd, and the only player with a 50+ average.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 May '12 14:12
    anyone following the IPL, what a game between Chennai Super Kings and the Mumbai Indians, last over drama!
    I wish I could. But nobody over here broadcasts cricket at all, and streaming it over the net is impractical with my connection.

Richard
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 15:10
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    I wish I could. But nobody over here broadcasts cricket at all, and streaming it over the net is impractical with my connection.

Richard
    Its a real pity, what kind of connection do you have, two cups and a piece of string?
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 May '12 15:16
    Its a real pity, what kind of connection do you have, two cups and a piece of string?
    Dial-up.

Yes, this is quite intentional. I waste enough of my time on the 'net as it is. I really, really do not need broadband.

Richard
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 15:31
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Dial-up.

Yes, this is quite intentional. I waste enough of my time on the 'net as it is. I really, really do not need broadband.

Richard
    You can get programs which limit the amount of time one spends, simply give someone
    else the responsibility of choosing a password, or put in one that is randomly generated
    which you'll never remember, although I do sympathise with your dilemma, its easy to
    spend hours, days in cyber space. I bit the bullet once and limited my use to time in
    the Library, you get free access in the UK at public libraries although you need to put
    up with their ancient browsers.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '12 19:36
    WOW another last ball off the last over drama, Chennai Super Kings beat Kolkata knight riders,
    needing four off the last ball, score a six, IPL , is simply the greatest tournament on
    earth. Poor Shahrukh Khan , hes away hame to his mammy crying, CSK are da best!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree