Indy 500.

Standard membermuppyman
Sports 26 May '08 02:03
  1. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    26 May '08 02:03
    Rather sensational that a New Zealander has won the Indy 500, and done it from pole and also was second in the race last year. Scott Dixon has set this little country on fire. It reminds us of what can be achieved when one person's skill is backed up by a top flight team involving equipment, management, and crew.
  2. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    26 May '08 08:47
    Originally posted by muppyman
    Rather sensational that a New Zealander has won the Indy 500, and done it from pole and also was second in the race last year. Scott Dixon has set this little country on fire. It reminds us of what can be achieved when one person's skill is backed up by a top flight team involving equipment, management, and crew.
    That's good he won I guess. I'm probably the only person from the US who doesn't like Indy, NASCAR, Drag racing or any other car races. Perhaps it's because I drive for a living and watching someone else drive bores me.
  3. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    26 May '08 14:26
    You don't have to like racing to wanna bang Danica Patrick.
  4. Standard memberneonpeon41
    The Conductor
    With the band
    Moves
    27 May '08 03:02
    Originally posted by slimjim
    I'm probably the only person from the US who doesn't like Indy, NASCAR, Drag racing or any other car races.
    Not the only one. And I live in Indy. Just a lot of noise, if you ask me.

np
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    27 May '08 05:31
    That's good he won I guess. I'm probably the only person from the US who doesn't like Indy, NASCAR, Drag racing or any other car races. Perhaps it's because I drive for a living and watching someone else drive bores me.
    The Indy car series went WAY down hill when CART split into two series. The drivers suck,, the cars suck, and it's garbage compared to back in the day when the Champcar series actually competed with F1.

Mansell, Villenueve, Andretti, Unser Jr, Moore, Fittapaldi....those were the days!
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    27 May '08 07:08
    You're NOT the only one!
  7. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    27 May '08 12:16
    Originally posted by uzless
    The Indy car series went WAY down hill when CART split into two series. The drivers suck,, the cars suck, and it's garbage compared to back in the day when the Champcar series actually competed with F1.

Mansell, Villenueve, Andretti, Unser Jr, Moore, Fittapaldi....those were the days!
    Those drivers were fabulous.. and I agree the sparkle has gone now.
    Would have liked to have seen Prost do indy too.
    It seemed at that era all the F1 drivers won the indy after retiring from F1. In the champ series where F1 and Indy drivers met for oval and F1 circuit races the F1 drivers cleaned up. I saw one of those handicap races once where they started a mini cooper a la 60's Monte Carlo winner, a modern rally car, a sports car racer, an indy car and an F1 car.. it was something like 5 laps and F1 car started last giving the Indy car a lap.. the F1 car still won by a whole lap... acceleration, braking and sheer power was phenominal. It was on tv from Perth Grand prix..
    Can't take it away from Dixon though he is the top man today and the speeds are really something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree