1. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 06:331 edit
    Does anyone think Edgar has a chance against Aldo next week?
  2. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 14:27
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Does anyone think Edgar has a chance against Aldo next week?
    I think he has a slim chance. Better than the no chance I have Velasquez against Dos Santos 🙂

It will be a great fight regardless. Looking forward to this one.
  3. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 08:142 edits
    If it would've been a 10-round fight I think Frankie may have won
  4. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 13:02
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    If it would've been a 10-round fight I think Frankie may have won
    I missed it. It was a good fight? I read that Overeem got KO'd. Looks good on him.
  5. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 02:26
    I watched the fight online at fightnext.com an hour after the fight for free, as I do with all the fights. Can't afford 60 bucks. Yes it was a good fight. Big Foot knocked Overoids out cold.
  6. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 20:18
    well, what im not going to do, is smash people's opinon. im also not going to fight with each other and just bash each other. i looked at the forums? My god, do these people have a life? i have maybe posted five times in over three years? And when people don't agree they act like five year olds? and then others are just hitting on each other? Peopel are really hard up for human contact i guess. In any case, first, i respect everyones opinon. But, i could have seen a draw, Frankie winning, or what they did, gave the fight to Aldo. But Aldo did not run away from it. I have been watching The UFC before it was the UFC. I have been watching Boxing for a long time. I also have taken judo, and boxing during my youth, and now i belong to a gym which only does MMA, where 95 percent of them are pro. So yes compared to them? I suck. But i do it for the exercise, and as an amature fighter, it's a lof of fun. I only bring that up to say, I kind of know what im talking about. Does that make me right? of course not. But in my humble opinion, Frankie won. But i can see why they gave it to Aldo. Also, in my fantasy pick, i got all of my picks correct, even the rounds, but i got one wrong. And anyone who picked Cain to lose that fight? Has to be young. When Cain went against DS the first time, he was hurt badly, and on pain meds. He could not shoot for a single, he could not rush in to use his boxing, or even get a body lock on him to get him up against the fence for dirty boxing. When DS won the first time, i knew Cain was hurt. As you can see, and I really like both guys a lot, but DS is not in Cain's league. I don't see Cain losing anytime soon. He just does everything great. And Evans looked out of shape. He has been doing to much work for FuelTv here in America. He looked like he had not worked out in a while. Did he take this on short notice? I thought he had plenty of time to prepare. I still think Rashad won and the Vegas judges suck. And Overeem? They should just kick this guy out. He disrespected this Big Foot guy so much, he looked a fool. Cain beat the hell out of Big Foot in less than one round. Overeem got knocked out cold by him. All because he stood in front of him with his hands down. Evans wont be getting that fight with anderson now. That was a huge fight and a huge pay day. Also, it kills off his chance for a title fight. I also think he was robbed. As much as that fight sucked, i thought rashad won. I thought mabye he was hurt. But i have not heard any reports? If anyone has any information from any sources please let me know? By the way so we don't all start acting like idiots, I did not mean to offend anyone in here. I love this sport, I am involved in this sport, and I love talking to people who follow it. FYI...have you guys looked at some of the people in here? all they do is write in here and smash each other or hit on one another? lol my god. If all i had was this forum? I would put a gun to my head. I prefer people in person, and as a guy if im lucky? Maybe some human contact with some pretty woman.....but i guess to each their own right? it just blew me away i guess....I'm over it now...I hope they are all happy ripping each other apart and hitting on each other...lol lol lol i learned a while ago, if you want to date? go out and meet them! otherwise you end up with nut jobs......
  7. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    08 Feb '13 17:00
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    well, what im not going to do, is smash people's opinon. im also not going to fight with each other and just bash each other. i looked at the forums? My god, do these people have a life? i have maybe posted five times in over three years? And when people don't agree they act like five year olds? and then others are just hitting on each other? Peopel are ...[text shortened]... go, if you want to date? go out and meet them! otherwise you end up with nut jobs......
    It's all good, man. Admittedly, I have not been watching UFC for long. Just got into it really, it after never really giving it a chance for a long time. Your opinion and insight is always welcome.
  8. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 00:44
    i wish you had watched it eight years ago. You would have seen it when the cards were not watered down, and you saw the best guys on every card. And i did enjoy your opinion......have you thought about watching it more for a while? there are some good fights coming up in the future like march? i will post the fights and results in here if you are interested and others of course? You obviously know the sport well.....most people don't even know the fighters you named.....do you still enjoy it?
  9. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 20:054 edits
    Another good fight, maybe, is the one coming up this weekend: McDonald vs Barao. I see Barao winning. Also coming up April 20th is Benson Henderson vs Gilbert Melendez. I'm picking Henderson. But the one I'm most excited about is in August: Jose Aldo vs 'Showtime' Pettis. I like Pettis and I hope he wins but I don't know. Aldo is a beast. I think he won against Edgar by the way.

I also watched the UFC since it's beginnings. Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Dan Fry, Mark Coleman, always put on a good show.

Dana White said that Anderson Silva will fight Georges St Pierre, then Jon Jones. He should have no problem against St Pierre but Jones, with that 84" reach, superior wrestling, and lethal elbows will be a problem for Silva. Anderson will have to rely on his superior speed. I hope he wins but Jones might be too big and strong for him. Another big factor in Jones's favor is his youth.

As for Cain Velasquez, the only challenger I see for him at the moment is Dan Cormier.

Cormier has challenged Jon Jones and if that fight goes off, it should be a dandy too.

Bellator has a few good fighters I'd like to see in the UFC. Ben Askren (welterweight), Michael Chandler (lightweight champion), and Eddie Alvarez (lightweight).
  10. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 16:07
    Barao wins over McDonald last night
  11. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 20:32
    im just catching up now....i will post and comment on your guys posts later tonight after i eat. im dizzy with hunger. good points and observations by the way guys....although, i don't see showtime beating Aldo....in fact? i dont see it being close....i'd like to see frankie get one more shot at it. in fact id like to see frankie get one more shot with henderson. by the way, the ufc is starting to make me think they are screwing things up. the let john fitch go. he had only three losses in in what eight years? that was just a really bad move, and it shows they are starting to crap all over their fighters....not a good sign at all...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree