Jose Reyes: Bush Leaguer

Jose Reyes: Bush Leaguer

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Sep 11

He decided to leave the last game today after he got a hit in his first AB because he figures it will help his chances to win the NL batting title (Ryan Braun will need 3 hits tonight to pass him;I hope he gets them).

Anybody else think this is pathetic? By contrast, Ted Williams was hitting over .400 going into the last day and his manager offered to sit him so he wouldn't jeopardize the milestone. Ted insisted on playing and got a bunch of hits and wound up at .406.

Do they "not make like they used to"? Or is Reyes an aberration (hard to see Derek Jeter doing to same thing)?

Moves
29 Sep 11

Forget that, how's his music career coming along?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
29 Sep 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
He decided to leave the last game today after he got a hit in his first AB because he figures it will help his chances to win the NL batting title (Ryan Braun will need 3 hits tonight to pass him;I hope he gets them).

Anybody else think this is pathetic? By contrast, Ted Williams was hitting over .400 going into the last day and his manage ...[text shortened]... like they used to"? Or is Reyes an aberration (hard to see Derek Jeter doing to same thing)?
Miguel Cabrera played and collected two hits to protect his AL batting crown.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
29 Sep 11

Anybody else think this is pathetic? By contrast, Ted Williams was hitting over .400 going into the last day and his manage ...[text shortened]... like they used to"? Or is Reyes an aberration (hard to see Derek Jeter doing to same thing)?
They haven't made one like Teddy Ballgame for many years!!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Sep 11

Originally posted by shortcircuit
They haven't made one like Teddy Ballgame for many years!!!
I think there are plenty of current players (I mentioned one) who wouldn't pull such a stunt.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
30 Sep 11

I think there are plenty of current players (I mentioned one) who wouldn't pull such a stunt.
It wouldn't be as hard to see A-Rod doing it though.

q

Moves
30 Sep 11

Even his own manager thought it was a joke. The Mets just don't want to fight with him because they still have hopes of re-signing him. In the end he had a great year despite his injuries and his talent and injury risk are far more significant.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
04 Oct 11

First "thumbs up" is from me. Even the Bush Leagues would condemn him.