1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 21:51
    ...all-rounder to ever play the game of cricket.

If there was ever any doubt, his current form has dispelled these.

What an amazing player.
    A rock in tests, great in ODIs, and now he has re-invented his own batting style for the 20 over game, taking Bangalore to great heights.

A super talent, who can proudly wear the crown of greatest all-round cricketer ever.
  2. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 14:351 edit
    It was a fantastic innings, and he's certainly one of the leading batsmen in the world at the moment.

I'm not sure how that proves he's the best allrounder in the world when his bowling has been taking a bit of a pasting, though. 🙂
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 10:16
    Originally posted by mtthw
    It was a fantastic innings, and he's certainly one of the leading batsmen in the world at the moment.

I'm not sure how that proves he's the best allrounder in the world when his bowling has been taking a bit of a pasting, though. 🙂
    He is definitely not the best 20/20 bowler. Sorry, I should have posted all-round cricketer.

He is still considered a great test all-rounder, as his current form proves, and is still a solid ODI all-rounder too. His batting has always been his strength - and most all-rounders have one discipline they excel at. Being one of the top 10 batsmen of all time, a great slip fielder and a decent change bowler is good enough in my book.
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 19:45
    Originally posted by Crowley
    ...all-rounder to ever play the game of cricket.

If there was ever any doubt, his current form has dispelled these.

What an amazing player.
    A rock in tests, great in ODIs, and now he has re-invented his own batting style for the 20 over game, taking Bangalore to great heights.

A super talent, who can proudly wear the crown of greatest all-round cricketer ever.
    OOOOOOO no.......... not this again.

he is a great crickter but not the BEST allrounder ever...one of the best..along with Botham, Kapil Dev, Imran Khan, Hadlee and Sobers
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 07:58
    Originally posted by spurs73
    OOOOOOO no.......... not this again.

he is a great crickter but not the BEST allrounder ever...one of the best..along with Botham, Kapil Dev, Imran Khan, Hadlee and Sobers
    The best. Have you seen him play lately, especially his batting?

Only Sobers touches him, I'd say they are neck and neck.
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 18:021 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    The best. Have you seen him play lately, especially his batting?

Only Sobers touches him, I'd say they are neck and neck.
    I have only seen him on TV.
    As i said he is a great all round crickters and I wud say the best one at the moment in world cricket.

However I wud not say he is the best of all time- but one of the all time BEST ALLROUNDERS.

Sobers was the best in the 60s and 70s- then botham come along. I think kapil dev was fantastic as at the time he played, India not no real quick bowlers, apart from him.

Imran Khan was a great captain- and allrounder. To gell a pakistan team is not easy with all their internal problems, but he managed.

they all had their moments and at present its Kallis

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree