1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 15:20
    Originally posted by rhb
    Too little too late. Might have been different if he'd not crashed at the start of the tour.
    still an impressive stage win, can't see evens coming back now 😀
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 18:45
    Originally posted by trevor33
    still an impressive stage win, can't see evens coming back now 😀
    the action was behind, and Evans lost more time.

Vino wasn't a threat. If he had been, they'd have a) worked harder to stop him getting away b) cracked him on the climb.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 00:05
    Originally posted by rhb
    the action was behind, and Evans lost more time.

Vino wasn't a threat. If he had been, they'd have a) worked harder to stop him getting away b) cracked him on the climb.
    true but it doesn't take away what an excellent recovery it was, yesterday he looked finished and today after he broke away in the group there only ever looked like there was going to be one winner.

it might have been different if he didn't crash but i think he would've had one bad day that would've cost him anyway, he was never the most consistent rider. couldn't believe he was pre-race favorite. messed up klodens race as well, stupid team politics.

think wednesday will be the same as the last couple of days?
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 08:43
    Originally posted by trevor33
    true but it doesn't take away what an excellent recovery it was, yesterday he looked finished and today after he broke away in the group there only ever looked like there was going to be one winner.

it might have been different if he didn't crash but i think he would've had one bad day that would've cost him anyway, he was never the most consistent ride ...[text shortened]... ell, stupid team politics.

think wednesday will be the same as the last couple of days?
    The last rider to show a similar "remarkable" recovery is banned from te sport, and we still don't have a race winner.... 'nuff said.

Weds should be more of a shake up - Contador has to do much more attacking earlier on if he wants to try to break Rasmussen. Evans et al need to go with Contador, and hope they can get some time bike on Ras.
  5. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 14:44
    Originally posted by rhb
    The last rider to show a similar "remarkable" recovery is banned from te sport, and we still don't have a race winner.... 'nuff said.

Weds should be more of a shake up - Contador has to do much more attacking earlier on if he wants to try to break Rasmussen. Evans et al need to go with Contador, and hope they can get some time bike on Ras.
    You've got it right - Contador has to attack early enough to gain some time - can't just rely on time trial to catch Rasmussen...

Problem is he really needs Boggerd (from rabobank) to tire a bit else he is capable of really pacing Rasmussen to prevent such major time losses......maybe some decent attacking by Leipheimer is the tactic....he's still close enough in gc to need to be chased if he attacks..

Evans has one major problem - he isn't capable of climbing like Rasmussen, Contador and a couple of others - I'm amazed how well he's hung on to them so far...
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 16:02
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    You've got it right - Contador has to attack early enough to gain some time - can't just rely on time trial to catch Rasmussen...

Problem is he really needs Boggerd (from rabobank) to tire a bit else he is capable of really pacing Rasmussen to prevent such major time losses......maybe some decent attacking by Leipheimer is the tactic....he's still close ...[text shortened]... ssen, Contador and a couple of others - I'm amazed how well he's hung on to them so far...
    Contador could use Levi, Popovych, and even Hincapie to really shake things up.

Might aswell forget the story of the race though. just been announced Vinokourov has failed a drugs test, he had a blood transfusion ahead of the Sat TT stage he won.

Word is that Astana have withdrawn from the tour.

Maybe 2008 will be different, maybe they should just give in and make it drug legal.

I'm off out on my new bike to forget about it.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 16:09
    Originally posted by rhb

Might aswell forget the story of the race though. just been announced Vinokourov has failed a drugs test, he had a blood transfusion ahead of the Sat TT stage he won.

Maybe 2008 will be different, maybe they should just give in and make it drug legal.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24072007/58/tour-de-france-cycling-rocked-new-drug-shame.html
  8. Porthmadog
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 17:03
    Bloody hell! I'm devastated!🙁
  9. England
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 17:17
    Sadly the familiarity of these things no longer makes this in the least bit shocking 🙁

Probably the best news Rasmussen's had in a few days as it will certainly overshadow his indiscretions.

David Millar - "It makes me sad. I have the impression the riders will never understand."

Yes, I think you may be right David.
    Shame, I was really looking forward to tomorrows stage.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 17:42
    its happening far to often in cycling
  11. washington
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 18:04
    why don't we just let people use drugs in sports, break records, smash them hell people want to see the extrordinary. the cleanest sport i'd say is armwrestling. reason? your $hit will break with the pressure people put under your forarm bones. ;-) lance armstrong couldn't be beat by people doping. does that show how dominant he was?
  12. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 19:12
    Originally posted by rhb

Knightmare - getting really P'ed off with this happening every year and ruining our enjoyment of one of the grat sporting events :'(
  13. washington
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:27
    its not as bad as the NBA scandal that just happened.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:53
    Originally posted by kmac27
    lance armstrong couldn't be beat by people doping. does that show how dominant he was?
    Not necessarily. Unfortunately there's been enough to suspect Lance.
  15. England
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 13:36
    Hmm, it's been reported that another rider has failed a test for testosterone after stage 11. Wonder who this one will be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree